IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

36 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

A lot of people seem to think children just do as they are told.

They dont, theres kids aged 14/15/16 who are in adult bodies if they want to go out then they will and theres not much a parent can do, a parent lays hands on them the kid is onto the police/social services.

Not all children listen to their parents so blaming the parents is unfair without knowing the circumstances 

We would often play truant (after signing in at registration) and by 13 we were in groups down the local park, smoking, drinking, playing games and generally being a bit of a nuisance.

We knew that was wrong though, but accepted the risks and we were caught fairly often. A copper would confiscate the drink (not the cigs though!?) poor it down the drain, take down our names/addresses and pay a visit to our Parent/Guardian. We’d typically get grounded, sneak out the house and do it all over again.

I think it’s wrong to assume kids don’t accept responsibility, we definitely did, we also had many a good chat with the coppers (although mostly about our life choices...) we were never disrespectful, we understood they had a job to do. The speech was always the same when addressing our parents ‘They aren’t really a bad bunch, they just make some bad decisions’.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Exhibit No. 1 m'lud & the DNA slam dunk.

SPCo. crews off the hook.

How about the ''new'' instruction HQ & Dr Ewart told us several times at Press Briefings - around lockdown 2 and since then - was issued in January 2021!

Why was that issued at all 10 months or so late?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

How about the ''new'' instruction HQ & Dr Ewart told us several times at Press Briefings - around lockdown 2 and since then - was issued in January 2021!

I guess the previous document was reviewed and updated accordingly. It doesn't mean there wasn't an original document. 

Edited by Happier diner

22 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

Don’t know if this has been posted before, if it’s legitimate or not, superceded, etc, but if I was a SPC worked I wouldn’t think I have to isolate. 

60927D86-1DD9-4F86-9A36-DB8222C7982F.jpeg

Even if the workers self isolate there is no mention of their families/rest of the household members having to isolate, so it’s still exactly the same situation as before, only it will be the members of the household causing any spread and not staff members.

5 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

Well exactly, the policy document of 21 January that Dr Ewart referred to in PM's montage.  Up until then, everything seemed to be working OK. 

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

I do absolutely agree, and I think we are saying the same thing.  Someone with the skills and capability of monitoring compliance should have been involved. But the covid response has been kept within a small team who probably had every intent to do the right thing, but didn't have the skills to fully ensure compliance. 

I'm almost sure that in UK compliance & enforcement for notifiable diseases in the workplace, of which COVID is one, is down to the H&S Executive.

I have no idea if the equivalent IOM H&S Executive have the same compliance and enforcement powers or not but it would seem to be the logical place to pigeon hole this process as well.

11 minutes ago, John Wright said:

But it’s a general one. Not the exemption one issued to the Steam Packet, and reviewed and reissued more than once ( as I understand )

That's my understanding too.

You would need to see the exemption certificate that was given to the key workers. That would stipulate which parts of the regulation they were exempted from and what measures they need to comply with instead.

Edited by Happier diner