IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

are all hospital admissions routinely tested for covid ?   i'm trying to work out if i fell down the stairs and broke my leg and ended up in nobles with no covid symptoms and was tested,  would i be in hospital with a broken leg and i happened to have covid or would i be in hospital covid and happened to have a broken leg ?

7 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

are all hospital admissions routinely tested for covid ?   i'm trying to work out if i fell down the stairs and broke my leg and ended up in nobles with no covid symptoms and was tested,  would i be in hospital with a broken leg and i happened to have covid or would i be in hospital covid and happened to have a broken leg ?

No test in A&E the first weekend of the lockdown

13 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I'm almost sure that in UK compliance & enforcement for notifiable diseases in the workplace, of which COVID is one, is down to the H&S Executive.

I have no idea if the equivalent IOM H&S Executive have the same compliance and enforcement powers or not but it would seem to be the logical place to pigeon hole this process as well.

Yes, it is odd if they weren't involved. 

9 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

Hospital.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I understand they’re trying but it shows customer touching bell without using sanitiser/gloves, then the worker touches the boot handle with his gloves and almost immediately afterwards he fiddles with his mask, if it’s on his gloves, it’s on her boot handle and if it was on her boot handle it’s now on his mask.

Shows even when we’re trying so desperately hard to prevent spread how easily it could theoretically happen.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 11:58 PM, Peter Layman said:

You are joking aren’t you. Unless you are Finance sector or export, you are getting the neck end of nothing

You are probably correct, but it would be nice if some civil servant, with common sense and a brain (without being an automaton) is able to process applications for funding/ grants, without being too much of W jobs worth. 

Personally if any MF member had a good business or shop, I would support them, like buying local - where necessary, and within reason. Times are tough, we should support people where we can.

20 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

Only planned hospital admissions tested, can’t try & test someone stretchered in after heart attack or whatever!!

If admitted they will test you

25 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Yes, 82 closed cases. That is good news. 

Still getting these unknown sources ones popping up though, really need to drill down on them & see where they’ve been, I suspect some are not being truthful as to who they’ve seen 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Its quite obvious what happened at the steeampacket. Blind eyes were turned to save a few quid. They almost got away with it too, but to think it came as a surprise is a bit naive. 

I don't think that is the case at all, and certainly not to save a few quid; how would it?

More to do with finding a pathway between managing covid whilst keeping the boats running which resulted in a lack of clarity and misinterpretation. There were also, possibly, the wrong skillsets involved in checking on implementation and compliance, as I argue above.  Lastly, the lack.of wider consultation outside of the 'gold team' which may have informed and sense-checked measures.  

What is more of a worry to me was the lack of acknowledgement, the glossing over and unwillingness to listen to others since.    

• Like 3

Just now, Banker said:

Still getting these unknown sources ones popping up though, really need to drill down on them & see where they’ve been, I suspect some are not being truthful as to who they’ve seen 

Would anyone declare they had spent some time with a person you would not like your friends, partner or even wife to know about though ?

Tynwald over for the day,

Great listening to the debates, such as they were. Not really though as challenging as it could or should have been, but why expect differently. Some are clearly still in awe of HQ and Alf, others still have a lot to learn.

28 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

Is that as a private patient or NHS. It matters.

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I don't think that is the case at all, and certainly not to save a few quid; how would it?

More to do with finding a pathway between managing covid whilst keeping the boats running which resulted in a lack of clarity and misinterpretation. There were also, possibly, the wrong skillsets involved in checking on implementation and compliance, as I argue above.  Lastly, the lack.of wider consultation outside of the 'gold team' which may have informed and sense-checked measures.  

What is more of a worry to me was the lack of acknowledgement, the glossing over and unwillingness to listen to others since.    

Excuse me but I think you'll find it's GOLD COMMAND not gold team! You wouldn't get very far in the Manx CS if you got that wrong! :geek:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Apple said:

Is that as a private patient or NHS. It matters.

As the private wing isn’t operational as a private facility ( there’s no operator ), and has been opened to facilitate isolation of NHS patients with Covid at Nobles, it makes no difference.