IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

55 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Yes but you have to remember that the law applies to the individual and not to the SPCo or the director of public health. 

Workers will have been given an entry certificate which would exempt them from parts of the regulation. The key point is what these exemptions were. 

The infamous welders had the same entry certificate. They were too thick to understand the significance of it. They ended up in prison. It wasn't their bosses fault. It was their fault. Well in the eyes of the law it was. 

That assumes they were entering. They never left.

13 minutes ago, Banker said:

Still getting these unknown sources ones popping up though, really need to drill down on them & see where they’ve been, I suspect some are not being truthful as to who they’ve seen 

Probably the type of people who keep coming up with excuses not to stay in.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

are all hospital admissions routinely tested for covid ?   i'm trying to work out if i fell down the stairs and broke my leg and ended up in nobles with no covid symptoms and was tested,  would i be in hospital with a broken leg and i happened to have covid or would i be in hospital covid and happened to have a broken leg ?

Both and either.

Its an essential measure of the stress the system is under. They’re trying not to mix patients with Covid with patients without. 

Broken legs aren’t contagious.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

There were a fair number of multi generational groups (child, parent, grandparent) and pairs of elderly women walking along the imitation Beirut seafront today. Of course each group could be from only one household.

55 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

We would often play truant (after signing in at registration) and by 13 we were in groups down the local park, smoking, drinking, playing games and generally being a bit of a nuisance.

We knew that was wrong though, but accepted the risks and we were caught fairly often. A copper would confiscate the drink (not the cigs though!?) poor it down the drain, take down our names/addresses and pay a visit to our Parent/Guardian. We’d typically get grounded, sneak out the house and do it all over again.

I think it’s wrong to assume kids don’t accept responsibility, we definitely did, we also had many a good chat with the coppers (although mostly about our life choices...) we were never disrespectful, we understood they had a job to do. The speech was always the same when addressing our parents ‘They aren’t really a bad bunch, they just make some bad decisions’.

There's a big difference now though. When you (and I, tbf) were a kid and playing truant etc, the things you were getting up to harmed no one but yourself. 

Kids congregating today are risking harm to everyone's livelihoods (extending lockdown) and possibly some people's health.

It's not forever, but at the moment it's very serious indeed.

21 minutes ago, Banker said:

Still getting these unknown sources ones popping up though, really need to drill down on them & see where they’ve been, I suspect some are not being truthful as to who they’ve seen 

I suapect they are. With the additional unknown source cases today there are 200 total. There were 206 yesterday so I guess contact tracing is ongoing and links are being found as time goes on. 

6 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

That could well be the loop hole. Do they not go a shore at heysham? 

I think the Steam Packet exemption certificate for Manx based crews required that they didn’t and was clear that UK based crews had to isolate if they came ashore on IOM.

The issue I think you’ve got is crew mixing on board and transmission risk AND things like the clean crew going on board at Douglas between rotations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

It's important that we need to know. How and where is the virus being transmitted?

With all the 100s of cases and all that data someone must have an inkling by now.

It's all very well reading out the statistics, but we can all see them at the click of a button.

We need some intelligence applied to the data behind the statistics, please.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Roxanne said:

I've no doubt you were, but just think if, back in those days, you were being told as a child that mixing with others your age in a park was wrong.  It's not exactly like robbing a bank is it?

In two sentences, you have hit the nail firmly on the head as to what is wrong with today's little darlings. Every time somebody makes an excuse for their appalling behaviour, another bit of decency and consideration for others is eroded.

• Like 1