IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

10 minutes ago, Banker said:

Sarcasm Alert for all the HRH The Chief Minister lovers!!!  - Is he going to the end of the tunnel and spontaneously combust? That’ll produce plenty of light. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I don't think that is the case at all, and certainly not to save a few quid; how would it?

More to do with finding a pathway between managing covid whilst keeping the boats running which resulted in a lack of clarity and misinterpretation. There were also, possibly, the wrong skillsets involved in checking on implementation and compliance, as I argue above.  Lastly, the lack.of wider consultation outside of the 'gold team' which may have informed and sense-checked measures.  

What is more of a worry to me was the lack of acknowledgement, the glossing over and unwillingness to listen to others since.    

Not sure to be honest. Could they not have hired more crew to allow for isolating? Regular testing, being that they were a potential critical weak link in any elimination strategy. Regular testing of the uk crew too. Would have cost a few quid but its a gamble we lost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pipsqueak said:

are all hospital admissions routinely tested for covid ?   i'm trying to work out if i fell down the stairs and broke my leg and ended up in nobles with no covid symptoms and was tested,  would i be in hospital with a broken leg and i happened to have covid or would i be in hospital covid and happened to have a broken leg ?

You planning to have an accident to find out? 🙄

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

Excuse me but I think you'll find it's GOLD COMMAND not gold team! You wouldn't get very far in the Manx CS if you got that wrong! :geek:

Very true, the CS want every penny to pay their salary's and empire building so cut corners on what they are actually supposed to be doing.

Douglas prom is a prime example, the old road was concrete with asphalt on top, lasted 80+ years.

The new road, is not concrete and will subside over time, it has to as the tide comes in and out under the surface and constantly moves the ground at depth. This lack of concrete road is to save money, nothing else.

I really could not believe they were just using "type 1" of sorts down there. Mark my words, there will be ruts and sunken potholes to be patched not long after it is finished and this will continue until they spend the money on a proper concrete road.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pipsqueak said:

are all hospital admissions routinely tested for covid ?   i'm trying to work out if i fell down the stairs and broke my leg and ended up in nobles with no covid symptoms and was tested,  would i be in hospital with a broken leg and i happened to have covid or would i be in hospital covid and happened to have a broken leg ?

Yes they are.

45 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Not sure to be honest. Could they not have hired more crew to allow for isolating? Regular testing, being that they were a potential critical weak link in any elimination strategy. Regular testing of the uk crew too. Would have cost a few quid but its a gamble we lost.

In the greater scheme of things, not great costs. 

We seemed to rolling very lucky dice up until January. Something changed and we need to get to the bottom of that.

18 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

I really could not believe they were just using "type 1" of sorts down there. Mark my words, there will be ruts and sunken potholes to be patched not long after it is finished and this will continue until they spend the money on a proper concrete road.

exactly,  they have already had subsidence that wasn't officially  classed as subsidence ( someone mentioned in the prom thread )  shit show of the first order and the second it is classed as finished the MUA will have a reason to dig it up somewhere.

Edited by Pipsqueak