IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

I don't think Howard will be doing himself any favours criticizing the press/media. I am sure he knows people who slam the questions, but there are still a few thousand people stay tuned, and then there are those that listen on Manx Radio.

During Lockdown1 Manx Radio cut their broadcast when it came to questions, but I think that has more to do with Alex Brindley, Manx Radio Programme Controller, having his show interruoted.

James Davis, who it seems will be palming questions at the Covid Briefings is no fool but he knows which side his bread is buttered.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barlow said:

I don't think Howard willb e doing himself any favours criticizing the press. I am sure he knows people who slam the questions, but there are still a few thousand people stay tuned, and then there ar ethose that listen on Manx Radio.

During Lockdown1 Manx Radio cut their broadcast when it came to questions, but I think that has more to do with Alex Brindley, Manx Radio Programme Controller, having his show interruoted.

James Davis, who it seems will be palming questions at the Covid Briefings is no fool but he knows which side his bread is buttered.

I understand from friends living there that Guernsey briefings are very highly regarded as is their Director of Public Health who regularly does extra briefings via Facebook on her own to give more information.

The questions are normally very professionally answered with none of the sarcasm of our leaders 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, yorik said:

Interesting take from Buster's old FB group (OK, I know I know).

Quayle moving to pre-approved questions moderated by James Davis at the pressers?

From 36:15 https://www.tynwald.org.im/business/listen/AgainFiles/7358a.mp3

If PM hadn't asked some of the questions he has, we would still be in the dark on some important issues.  

They just blunder from one idiocy to another. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Banker said:

I understand from friends living there that Guernsey briefings are very highly regarded as is their Director of Public Health who regularly does extra briefings via Facebook on her own to give more information.

The questions are normally very professionally answered with none of the sarcasm of our leaders 

I wish it was the sane here but unfortunately, when a supposed Public health expert can't even ve bothered to have her data at hand or even provide a more-detailed answer to questions, I hold no respect for her. David does at least do his homework and gives lots of good info. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

There may not be many chuckles at the moment but I did chortle listening to that clip and HQ spluttering through the word, 'shastistics' again. He also seems to have made an enemy of the word, 'shertificate'.  It's the little things.

Here is a suggestion for the Great Manx Public... how many times can we get statistics, constable, certificates and other Quaylisms into a question for the CM? Bacon bap for anyone who gets through the propoganda  media department mandarins.

• Haha 2