IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

19 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Bill Henderson is one of the only people on the planet that would miss a tiled floor with a bladder full of piss - I’ve often wondered who switches him on in the morning 

One of his Wives/ex's  ??!! Or just the thought of that salary and pension he accumulates. You know , the I couldnt live on less than 50 k a year man !  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I don't think it's changed at all.  I think they've always known what a domineering, duplicitous, bully he is. Perhaps now, with growing pressure from their constituents and knowing that HQ is on his way out has emboldened them somewhat.

Its electioneering, plain and simple.

4 hours ago, Pipsqueak said:

are all hospital admissions routinely tested for covid ?   i'm trying to work out if i fell down the stairs and broke my leg and ended up in nobles with no covid symptoms and was tested,  would i be in hospital with a broken leg and i happened to have covid or would i be in hospital covid and happened to have a broken leg ?

I had occasion to go to hospital for a few days before being discharged shortly before Christmas  and was tested for COVID

When I asked the nurse for the result she answered that she wouldn’t be at the foot of my bed if I had tested positive!. 

Edited by The Voice of Reason

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Jonathan the tortoise will cope, he was around during Napoleon's stay, so he knows how to deal with narcissists. 

Actually Jonathan is a mere stripling of 188 or so and didn't arrive on the island till 1882.  Though at least he and the other Saints saw through Charters more quickly than Quayle did, I think he was out in three months and they didn't have a boat in the morning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, today's "democratic" Tynwald was an absolute perfect example of why people who are born here should consider moving away in search of something better, why anyone thinking of moving here to "flourish" should think twice, and why anyone should really not consider setting upon a new business here.

Not one indication of how with perfect geographical location, the many, many references to the willing public and businesses to adhere to lockdowns, the 'tireless' efforts and contributions of both front line and back room staff, of how we are still in the position we are.

There has been much better and praiseworthy information, communications and common sense shown on this forum than was on display today in Tynwald. It sounded confused, tired and disjointed - and it was all on public display for the whole world to hear - not see - but that is another sore point. It did not do the island any favours. 

Someone needs to get this situation under new management and quickly. several comments about continuing public adherence to the rules, comments about people being confused and angry now, worried and anxious people reports from constituents all paint a worrying picture and damages even the best efforts of people who take and abide by the rules as best they are required to.

In short, their collective performance to day did not inspire me. It lacked passion (apart from one speaker) and did nothing to assure me that they know what they are doing (none of us are experts the most common phrase), have any realistic idea of how to present themselves for the overall benefit to the island, created an atmosphere of not working to gather for the common aim (not that they seem to know what that is anyway.

I could go on. I know there is a boat etc.

One thing I do know -it can't get any worse now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Roxanne said:

There may not be many chuckles at the moment but I did chortle listening to that clip and HQ spluttering through the word, 'shastistics' again. He also seems to have made an enemy of the word, 'shertificate'.  It's the little things.

No it’s not the little things. Mispronunciations are very small beer when we are talking about a worldwide pandemic killing thousands or millions of people.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, piebaps said:

I don't think it is anymore.

It now smacks of incompetence all the way up. Maybe we expected too much from the collection of those purporting to be capable of dealing competently with a major crisis.

Example - Only now seeking outside advice -what on earth is that all about. 

We probably expected too much from the beginning. And we still may be in the end....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, piebaps said:

there is some serious public points scoring headline grabbing grandstanding going on in Tynwald with zero meat on the bones

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

I don't think it's changed at all.  I think they've always known what a domineering, duplicitous, bully he is. Perhaps now, with growing pressure from their constituents and knowing that HQ is on his way out has emboldened them somewhat.

You’re quite right. Quayle’s multiple failings,  both in temperament and competence, were only too well known to those who foisted him on this Island as the lacklustre, deliver-nothing CM he became. They are as deserving as censure as him. And he is indeed a domineering, duplicitous bully. And a lot more besides.

• Like 11

I abhor censorship. But when you get the likes of Moulton asking the most stupidest of questions which add no value then there does come a time when you have to question what value he ( and others) add to to the process.

Other than comedic value they add nothing to the conversation surrounding the issue. Valuable time which could be spent addressing the actual issues.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cassie2 said:

So all questions from the great Isle of Man Public are to be filtered and asked 'on our behalf' by James Davis ex Manx Radio and now Isle of Man Advertising & Public Relations.

Mr Quayle said to Tynwald when announcing this today that ''members all know and like / respect James''.

So even more IOMG control, control and control. Doesn't that say it all really?

Here is a bit from James's company website:

''We are also the exclusive agents for key advertising sites around the Isle of Man, including the Airport, Sea Terminal, Palace and Broadway Cinemas, Bus Vannin fleet, Isle of Man Steam Packet Company vessels and UK ferry terminals.''

No-one could make this stuff up............................................................

was it all questions? thought it was only some sessions?

also I thought James Davis had worked for the Cabinet Office?

Just now, Rhumsaa said:

there is some serious public points scoring headline grabbing grandstanding going on in Tynwald with zero meat on the bones

That’s true - but the blows they’re landing on Quayle are well merited. The failing of Tynwald members is that it’s only the onset of the election that has prompted this ballsy assault on CoMin - it should have begun 5 years ago. 

• Like 9