IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I abhor censorship. But when you get the likes of Moulton asking the most stupidest of questions which add no value then there does come a time when you have to question what value he ( and others) add to to the process.

Other than comedic value they add nothing to the conversation surrounding the issue. Valuable time which could be spent addressing the actual issues.

not his biggest fan but he has actually blown open a few of the bigger holes of late - the steam packet staff isolation disconnect for one

• Like 11

4 hours ago, John Wright said:

4 or 5 days ago. It has been mentioned.

Thank you. It’s a bit confusing that it’s in the daily figure. I knew we had sadly had a death a few days ago, but the way they display the numbers is slightly ambiguous. It may just be me, my brain automatically melts when I see a graph, chart or table. 

8 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I abhor censorship. But when you get the likes of Moulton asking the most stupidest of questions which add no value then there does come a time when you have to question what value he ( and others) add to to the process.

Other than comedic value they add nothing to the conversation surrounding the issue. Valuable time which could be spent addressing the actual issues.

Really?  Did he not expose the SP "misunderstanding"?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Looks like a number of prison officers have tested positive. No doubt we'll see calls by the Governor in the press in the coming days about getting them vaccinated, which they haven't been yet..

if everyone is a priority when does it become a priority of a priority

8 minutes ago, Apple said:

I don't think it is anymore.

It now smacks of incompetence all the way up. Maybe we expected too much from the collection of those purporting to be capable of dealing competently with a major crisis.

Example - Only now seeking outside advice -what on earth is that all about. 

We probably expected too much from the beginning. And we still may be in the end....

What we see in CM, COMIN etc is only the public face of the structure though. They're there to take the flak and public ire for the performance and the public will make their own judgement on that. We put them there.

But who's guiding, who's advising behind the scenes?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Looks like a number of prison officers have tested positive. No doubt we'll see calls by the Governor in the press in the coming days about getting them vaccinated, which they haven't been yet..

And so we should probably assume that we now have prisoners who will have it too. 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Stupid sometimes, but not as banal or repetitive as the questions from media outlets which are too scared to upset their biggest advertising client. At least Moulton has a modicum of independence. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

What we see in CM, COMIN etc is only the public face of the structure though. They're there to take the flak and public ire for the performance and the public will make their own judgement on that. We put them there.

But who's guiding, who's advising behind the scenes?

The emergency advisory committee headed up by Will greenhow & Magson which has never published any minutes or advice, they’ve now been forced to put some external advisors on it

1 minute ago, Manxas said:

And so we should probably assume that we now have prisoners who will have it too. 

Apparently they're trying to wake the Governor up to see what they should do as a number of on-shift officers have been identified as close contacts too.

It shocked me to find out that other than masks and sanitisers, there is no deep cleaning of contact surfaces taking place in the prison. You think the Gov would have learnt from the Steam Packet fisaco.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

You’re quite right. Quayle’s multiple failings,  both in temperament and competence, were only too well known to those who foisted him on this Island as the lacklustre, deliver-nothing CM he became. They are as deserving as censure as him. And he is indeed a domineering, duplicitous bully. And a lot more besides.

Maybe if enough people chip in, those nice people at Gef could knock up a "Quayle Baby" balloon. They wouldn't actually need to change the Trump model too much, just lose the hair.

UK-Protest-Trump-Baby-1645.jpg?format=1500w

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

That’s true - but the blows they’re landing on Quayle are well merited. The failing of Tynwald members is that it’s only the onset of the election that has prompted this ballsy assault on CoMin - it should have begun 5 years ago. 

Once CoMin was set up that was the end ! And recently decisions have been made there and announced before rest of Tynwald were told . Finding out on facebook and the likes is just repugent and very wrong when you've been voted in by constituents to represent them. The system has to change as does the voting and selection of CM. Too many deals getting done on the eve of the vote and we ended up with Quayle who when all said and done was lucky to come second in his area. I went to the Legion to listen to the CM candidates and what a arrogant , pompous full of shit individual he was that night . I also had insight into his Health minister escapades and just god knows how Tynwald managed to pick that imbecile . As you say its taken them 4 plus years to speak out when the damage has already been done .   

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1