IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, The Old Git said:

Did some manly jobs using power tools, made an awesome seafood chowder and drank wine. 

All those activities were extremely reckless in these times of national emergency!  Why didn't you go hang-gliding or tomb-stoning off the chasms or something else less dangerous.

Don't you realise that had anything gone wrong: your power tool running out of control and amputating your left leg, eating dodgy seafood or getting brahms and liszt and falling out of your armchair - you could have finally crashed the health service!

But.........you'd have got a free CV test at A&E and if you didn't have it when you went in there's a one-in-four chance you'd have it when you came out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am no a little nervous about these vaccine passports.  As it stands the only ones who will have two jabs by the summer will be the over 60s (maybe over 50s). So in theory they will be able to travel etc......

the younger generations who are not getting jabbed until a lot later will not be getting second jabs until later and so won’t be able...add in younger generations have kids who won’t have anything this is lining up to be another one of those “oldies” sorting themselves out first and sticking two fingers up to everyone else which will cause civil un rest agsin

only yesterday my elderly neighbors who I presume are in the shielding age range were in and out of their car upwards of 10 times going here there and everywhere without a mask in sight but our little family are staying locked up.... it seems to me those that have the jab are thinking I going to crack on but the rest have to be kicked away 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

I am no a little nervous about these vaccine passports.  As it stands the only ones who will have two jabs by the summer will be the over 60s (maybe over 50s). So in theory they will be able to travel etc......

It's to make the working population work. 

21 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

... only yesterday my elderly neighbors who I presume are in the shielding age range were in and out of their car upwards of 10 times going here there and everywhere without a mask in sight but our little family are staying locked up...

You don't know whether they were out doing essential errands and checking up on others less able in their age group. Or, as you're locked with your little family, whether they followed the rules and put their masks on when they reached their destination. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

the younger generations who are not getting jabbed until a lot later will not be getting second jabs until later and so won’t be able...add in younger generations have kids who won’t have anything this is lining up to be another one of those “oldies” sorting themselves out first and sticking two fingers up to everyone else which will cause civil un rest agsin

only yesterday my elderly neighbors who I presume are in the shielding age range were in and out of their car upwards of 10 times going here there and everywhere without a mask in sight but our little family are staying locked up.... it seems to me those that have the jab are thinking I going to crack on but the rest have to be kicked away 

I don't see a problem really, they are not getting any younger, none of us are, so why not make the most of your latter years?

12 hours ago, The Old Git said:

Isn’t that the usual format for them doing public Q&A sessions? The previous ones have been like that. Presumably cut out the abusive dickhead questions. 

Is it really 'the usual format'' to have all questions from the Manx Public filtered by and asked only by a James Davis of Isle of Man Advertising & Public Relations which sucks at the IOM Government's teats? James has been especially ''selected'' by the Chief Minister & his Chief Secretary. Any possible conflicts of interest there then do you think? Since when did that become acceptable behaviour?

Who is this James Davis? Well, here is a little bit from James's company website: ''We are also the exclusive agents for key advertising sites around the Isle of Man, including the Airport, Sea Terminal, Palace and Broadway Cinemas, Bus Vannin fleet, Isle of Man Steam Packet Company vessels and UK ferry terminals.''

If you think that is ''the usual format'' or that it is in any way, shape or form acceptable, god help the state of Manx Democracy.

Edited by Cassie2
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

If you think that is ''the usual format'' or that it is in any way, share or form acceptable, god help the state of Manx Democracy.

That ship has sailed.

Isn't this HQ's take on Boris's new press arrangements, daily briefings by Allegra whatshername  to the media. It is all getting rather precious and presidential (which might be a precursor for publicly elected Chief Minister).

10 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

Is it really 'the usual format'' to have all questions from the Manx Public filtered by and asked only by a James Davis of Isle of Man Advertising & Public Relations which sucks at the IOM Government's teats? James has been especially ''selected'' by the Chief Minister & his Chief Secretary. Any possible conflicts of interest there then do you think? Since when did that become acceptable behaviour?

Who is this James Davis? Well, here is a little bit from James's company website: ''We are also the exclusive agents for key advertising sites around the Isle of Man, including the Airport, Sea Terminal, Palace and Broadway Cinemas, Bus Vannin fleet, Isle of Man Steam Packet Company vessels and UK ferry terminals.''

If you think that is ''the usual format'' or that it is in any way, shape or form acceptable, god help the state of Manx Democracy.

Who would be a good replacement for James Davis? Who would be acceptable to both the public and government?  

13 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

Is it really 'the usual format'' to have all questions from the Manx Public filtered by and asked only by a James Davis of Isle of Man Advertising & Public Relations which sucks at the IOM Government's teats? 

Howard won't thank you for bringing his moobs into it. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Banker said:

Only planned hospital admissions tested, can’t try & test someone stretchered in after heart attack or whatever!!

If admitted they will test you

My wife had a small procedure on Tuesday and was in for a couple of hours in radiology and was not tested.