IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

The magistrate wondered the same - and was put in her place:

Even magistrates are forbidden from questioning the infallible decisions of the Manx Civil Service.

I don’t think that’s what the prosecutor was doing at all. I expect there’s a criminal investigation ongoing about the declaration she filled in on the form.

The magistrate asking the defendant to answer, without caution, the question she posed, would have seriously messed that up.

6 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

In Jersey how many people are now self isolating following tracks and trace?

Nevermind Jersey, we haven’t even issued the full Antibody testing report they promised moons ago.

Shambolic approach by Quayle & Co.

Lauding themselves as national heroes.

2 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Nevermind Jersey, we haven’t even issued the full Antibody testing report they promised moons ago.

Shambolic approach by Quayle & Co.

Lauding themselves as national heroes.

They gave some provisional figures after the first 4000 or so tests. They haven’t completed all the testing ( at least I think not ). They had 10,000. So full results not yet ready.

10 minutes ago, John Wright said:

They gave some provisional figures after the first 4000 or so tests. They haven’t completed all the testing ( at least I think not ). They had 10,000. So full results not yet ready.

It’s pitiful John. They are lurching with no plan of note.

2 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

You are most definitely a Covid mentalist intent on whipping up rage & spreading fear.

Jersey has 7 active cases, nobody is hospitalised, 5 are asymptomatic & 2 with symptoms. Nearly 46,000 tests to date.

You need locking up for fake news propaganda - file under another MERA crank.

Ask yourself why HQ & DA don’t want to test. Perhaps they’d be afraid of what they’d find.

The IOM border situation & strategy is a joke, seemingly led by people who haven’t got a clue what to do.

Let's see, uk figures suddenly and unexplainably drop by 20,000, nobody bats an eyelid. The uk are absolutely bullshitting everything about this. "R" rate across the uk has gone up by 37%, but Boris says it is stable. Liars. Jersey is no better. Day to day new cases are detected. I suspect they are falling off the end of the active cases list after 7 days, not 14. 

Iceland is a perfect example. Gone from virtually no cases to hundreds in a week. Yes, they opened the borders. Lockdown next. 

Iom has at least 80% of its economy going. Jersey has 60-70% at best. They need to take the risk. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Let's see, uk figures suddenly and unexplainably drop by 20,000, nobody bats an eyelid. The uk are absolutely bullshitting everything about this. "R" rate across the uk has gone up by 37%, but Boris says it is stable. Liars. Jersey is no better. Day to day new cases are detected. I suspect they are falling off the end of the active cases list after 7 days, not 14. 

Iceland is a perfect example. Gone from virtually no cases to hundreds in a week. Yes, they opened the borders. Lockdown next. 

Iom has at least 80% of its economy going. Jersey has 60-70% at best. They need to take the risk. 

Conspiracy theory at its worst!

It's all well and good saying theres x amount of new cases but what are the hospital admissions/icu figures? As I've said the whole point of the lockdown was to ease the pressure on the hospitals. From what I've seen these new cases are getting mild to no symptoms yet whole cities are being locked down. 

There doesnt actually seem to be a plan from anyone 

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

It's all well and good saying theres x amount of new cases but what are the hospital admissions/icu figures? As I've said the whole point of the lockdown was to ease the pressure on the hospitals. From what I've seen these new cases are getting mild to no symptoms yet whole cities are being locked down. 

There doesnt actually seem to be a plan from anyone 

That is the interesting thing. Cases seem to be less intensive. Most likely because of early testing. At the end of the day, wash your hands, be sensible and keep your distance. There has never been a vaccine for a coronavirus. So this needs to me managed. IOM and Guernsey got it right. Ireland and Scotland are on board. Uk, Spain are now basket cases. 

Lets sit back and watch. 

3 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Where is that proven anywhere other than the fact that you’ve made that up. 

Why would you even think things were any better, of worse. Iom is doing really well,  all things considered. Jersey is doing shit, all things considered. 

Iom has maybe 3000 unemployed. Jersey around 8,000. Tourism and hospitality in Jersey is an huge part of GDP compared to IOM. Our tourist season has been cancelled. Jersey's is more casual and repeat tourists. Older people. They are afraid to go. Not because of controls in Jersey, but because they may not get back! 

16 minutes ago, Cambon said:

There has never been a vaccine for a coronavirus.

Why is that?  Of the now 7 known coronaviruses to infect humans, 4 cause a common cold - nobody's going to bother developing a vaccine for that - and SARS and MERS seemed to disappear before they'd really got going.  I don't think there's any inherent reason why a vaccine can't be made against a coronavirus - I'm pretty confident we'll have one available in the next few months.  How well it works is another matter.