IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

12 minutes ago, Whatnonsence said:

There is little privacy either Peter. I could see and be seen whilst having my jab. Also met up with people going in and leaving the hub on the way to the car park.

I do not have a problem with privacy during this exercise it’s a pandemic after all.

Chester Street, It's an open 3 sided cubicle and the people waiting next are sat in chairs looking in on you, just a few yards away.

No problem as such, but it did beg the question as to why there was a cubicle at all.

• Like 1

Just now, Cassie2 said:

Obviously, one who is independent of the IOM Government which is being questioned! 

I do appreciate the irony of the very great appropriateness of your self-selected screen-name. And many others also do so.

I chose it to appeal to those of limited capacity so I can see why you appreciate it.  Cheers.

43 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

Thanks. In view of previous posts I was expecting to see the question, not the answer. 

The question from Mr Speaker is specified above the answer.

36 minutes ago, Peter Layman said:

shouldn't that be early written statement?

It states answer.

34 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Chester Street, It's an open 3 sided cubicle and the people waiting next are sat in chairs looking in on you, just a few yards away.

No problem as such, but it did beg the question as to why there was a cubicle at all.

There is a curtain you can ask to be pulled across

58 minutes ago, Whatnonsence said:

There is little privacy either Peter. I could see and be seen whilst having my jab. Also met up with people going in and leaving the hub on the way to the car park.

I do not have a problem with privacy during this exercise it’s a pandemic after all.

Same for me, a curtain would have been more than sufficient. 

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

I know you know ;0)

There is a happy medium to be found if they furnished us with data. We can all form our own opinions then based on facts.

They don't want too. Why sensible, normally intelligent people, can't see that is beyond me. Happy to have their bellies tickled by CoMin and question nothing! 

When I look at Comin, I do not see conspiracies, in fact I see people who genuinely want to do their best (even if it is only for self serving electoral reasons). What I also see however, are a collection of people, a few of whom are credible and capable, but unfortunately the rest of whom are at best mediocre and possess fragile ego's and self esteem. They do not want to be questioned... If all the data upon which their decisions were made was open source, probing questions would surely follow and perhaps more viable alternatives presented. They do not want to justify their decisions, when the data may expose flaws in their thinking, or worse expose any personal antipathy or petty politics.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, kevster said:

There is a curtain you can ask to be pulled across

No big deal, but you shouldn't have to ask. The whole shebang should have been partitions on wheels, like they have in hospitals.

But in any case there was no curtain when I was there

chester-street-vaccination-booths.jpg.9a8b9643ccbf78b6c52248c2244a1f45.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Layman said:

Given the length of time you are in these hubs, how can they even pretend to justify value for money. Curtains and poles would afford exactly the same amount of privacy at a fraction of the cost

I was jabbed at a centre in Gloucestershire - several GP surgeries have got together to set up a unit in the local Fire Station garage. Three tents, set up indoors, two doctors in each tent - each with their own admin assistant at a computer. get text for appointment, make appointment online, couple of days' wait, check in at the front, join a (very short) queue, get directed into one of the 6 "pods", check in again and get jabbed. Socially distanced chairs set up in the rest of the garage for 15 minutes wait, sanitised as soon as you get up. The equipment must have cost next to nothing. They are vaccinating 7,000 a week, working 12 hour days with volunteers doing all the checking in and marshalling. Efficent and value for money!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Flyingfemme said:

I was jabbed at a centre in Gloucestershire - several GP surgeries have got together to set up a unit in the local Fire Station garage. Three tents, set up indoors, two doctors in each tent - each with their own admin assistant at a computer. get text for appointment, make appointment online, couple of days' wait, check in at the front, join a (very short) queue, get directed into one of the 6 "pods", check in again and get jabbed. Socially distanced chairs set up in the rest of the garage for 15 minutes wait, sanitised as soon as you get up. The equipment must have cost next to nothing. They are vaccinating 7,000 a week, working 12 hour days with volunteers doing all the checking in and marshalling. Efficent and value for money!

Shhhhh. Efficient and Value for Money... how very dare you! 😋 Manx solutions for Manx problems and all that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Flyingfemme said:

That would never have worked on IOM. Far too easy, far too cheap and far...... well, everything else really.

Bunch of numpties.

She Who Speaks' second cousin is a recently retired (late 2019) GP down in Solihull area and is co-managing a centre with a throughput of +10K a week (7 days a week, 08:00 to 20:00) in a community hall about the size of the Onchan Hub. She has four chaps organising the car parking, 10 registration/check-in admin people (rotating) 10 booths made with mobile curtains from the three GP practices, 20 vaccinators who rotate every two hours and the same number of admin people for the final check before the jab. All volunteers are from all walks of life, even a couple of Uni students who started their medical training last Sept.

Edited by Andy Onchan
typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1