IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

That would never have worked on IOM. Far too easy, far too cheap and far...... well, everything else really.

Bunch of numpties.

She Who Speaks' second cousin is a recently retired (late 2019) GP down in Solihull area and is co-managing a centre with a throughput of +10K a week (7 days a week, 08:00 to 20:00) in a community hall about the size of the Onchan Hub. She has four chaps organising the car parking, 10 registration/check-in admin people (rotating) 10 booths made with mobile curtains from the three GP practices, 20 vaccinators who rotate every two hours and the same number of admin people for the final check before the jab. All volunteers are from all walks of life, even a couple of Uni students who started their medical training last Sept.

Facilities aside, it is worth pointing out that in the last 7 days the IoM has delivered over 7,500 jabs or nearly 9% of the population. In the week to March 14th (which is the latest data) England vaccinated nearly 1.7 million people, or just over 3% percent of the population, so at the moment at least, IoM is vaccinating around 3 people for every one vaccinated in the UK per capita.

Edited by Newbie

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Moulton tweeting that MHKS were as surprised as anyone it was cancelled as it was known the 15.30 keys meeting would only last 15 minutes maximum. Perhaps they’re expecting better figures tomorrow?

figures were down today I believe so you may well be right

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, finlo said:

Jungle drums say briefing was cancelled to prepare announcement of full hard lockdown tomorrow!

Hope to Christ not.

So what you're saying is I'd best get to McDonalds tonight lol

But in all seriousness I've not heard anything. 

The main spread of the virus is sorted by kids not being at school. Cases are coming down. I'd be surprised 

Edited by thommo2010

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

MR. ''  Police are appealing for help in locating a person who they say ‘should not be out in public’.  ''.

"Police appeal for help locating returning resident"

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/police-appeal-for-help-locating-returning-resident/

Interesting results when you google Christopher Christian Isle of Man.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, finlo said:

Jungle drums say briefing was cancelled to prepare announcement of full hard lockdown tomorrow!

Hope to Christ not.

Sadly I think this could be correct . Hope not . Maybe it is a final hard lockdown to try and get on top of it . Or maybe its just rumours. Again so hope so .

Edited by Numbnuts

15 minutes ago, finlo said:

Hope to Christ not.

We can’t afford it, no one except a lot of Karen’s on Facebook & Pongo will be happy and I think it would be very difficult to police. 
Rates are falling so unless hospital can’t cope there’s no reason to increase restrictions just as everyone else in UK & CI removing theirs 

• Like 1