IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

30 minutes ago, manxst said:

Pretty much. If the UK can ‘set up shop’ in churches, town halls, a garden, a DIY store, museums etc, a front lounge wouldn’t be beyond the realms of possibility. Although it’d mean we’d then have to try and spend that £373k someplace else I guess...

https://www.england.nhs.uk/2021/01/more-than-30-new-vaccination-centres-join-biggest-nhs-jab-drive/

“NHS staff will start delivering life-saving Covid vaccinations at the Blackpool Winter Gardens, a former DIY store and the museum where BBC hit Peaky Blinders was filmed today.”

In Scotland a couple of the football stadiums are being used

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Just saw that Gibraltar became the first country in the world to vaccinate all of it's population. About half our population I believe?

I suspect they've been given extra supplies because they also have the world's highest death rate from Covid - 94 from a population of about 34,000.  Like some other countries they actually did very well last year, but got hit hard this January.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I suspect they've been given extra supplies because they also have the world's highest death rate from Covid - 94 from a population of about 34,000.  Like some other countries they actually did very well last year, but got hit hard this January.

Yes they were given accelerated supplies from the NHS central purchasing organisation.

1. because of the high rate

2. because 15,000 spanish residents cross the border daily ( a mix of Spaniards and British expats ).

2 hours ago, Barlow said:

Ask him yourself tonight.

Yes it's a mad logic. Everyone running around buying new chairs, pens etc. so they retain their budgets. Because if they lose it one year they have a devil of a job getting it back. Because then it is additional spending and no doubt needs business cases, approval form the higher ups. Nobody wants that hassle. So they manage their budget trying not overspend or underspend.

And if they end up short then there is always the Great Manx Public pocket to bail them out. They really have no bottom line to account for. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

The issue is that the choice of James Davis was made by Howard Quayle and the Chief Secretary and he is directly benefiting from contracts for numerous Government departments. 

Quite but James D will only be moderating/hosting the 'show'.

The person who selects the questions that will be put to the experts could be worthy of some scrutiny but for JD to put his pride aside? I don't think so.

59 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes of course they did.

These conspiracy theories are getting well out of hand.

Chester Street and the Airport vaccination hubs are both medical facilities with all sorts of (expensive) considerations to be taken into account  (incidental costs to be capitalized etc) and catered for. That doesn’t come cheap.

Some posters on here seem to think they could set up something perfectly adequate in their front lounge.

It’s not a conspiracy theory, you think government departments don’t bill each other? They definitely do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

nteresting results when you google Christopher Christian Isle of Man.

More so than his photo?

Maybe there is something to Eugenics?

Sorry , unkind!

Edited by Kopek

2 hours ago, Peter Layman said:

thanks but I'd rather take next doors tortoise for a walk

Worth listening actually - there are no agendas .. get involved in the debate you have a chance to have a say instead of just being critical ...