IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Howard repeated that a third of the audience dropped off when questions stated. The viewing figures on Facebook tend to drop off after the figures are provided and any particular news such as changes in restrictions.

After that, some people do go back to their baking/boxsets and pretending to work from home, but 2/3 stay for the questions.

Howard . . . your message is getting across, you ain't gonna retain the third that drop off, ever. Be thankful you have the audience you do. keep it going.

• Like 2

First time I have not listened as I didn't anticipate anything new.

From what I am reading here there wasn't, just more of the same.

Ah well, G and T time.

• Like 1

Clowns, we wont eradicate it now, people are fed up and not following the rules.

Why would they when gov have totally messed this up by trying to look good and not properly implementing their own rules on one of the main areas of weakness, the IOMSPCO 

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Sorry to bang on about this:

Howard sounds like he has got addicted  to the smell of the grease paint and the roar of the crowd. I suppose that is what appearing live on social media does.

A press briefing is just that . . . a briefing to the press (and media). The audience is usually reached from there, via the media. Just a while ago, a press briefing would have been just that. Howard in a big room with reporters, for them to ask questions and dissipate the news.

Perhaps Howard does not want to share the limelight with the hacks.

Oh, and that other greasepainter, Alex Brindley, sounded most dis-chuffed that his afternoon  Manx Radio programme had been eaten into by the press questions. It makes me wonder if Alex himself is flooding Mr Quayle's office with "100s of letters" of complaint about the press questions.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Oh, and that other greasepainter, Alex Brindley, sounded most dis-chuffed that his afternoon  Manx Radio programme had been eaten into by the press questions. It makes me wonder if Alex himself is flooding Mr Quayle's office with "100s of letters" of complaint about the press questions.

No reason why they can't broadcast the briefing on AM - including the Q&A session - leaving Brindley to his show. Didn't they relegate the Q&A to AM in lockdown 1?

32 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Maybe because they never give plausible answers?

Why can't they just be honest. Many of us have many more formal qualifications than they have and most of the population has more common sense so it's rather demeaning for them to suggest that we are incapable of understanding the ins and outs of their decisions.

If they can't just give honest answers then it's always suggestive of poor decision making and cover up.

IMO!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

Tim Glover sounded almost disappointed that more draconian rules weren’t being considered 

I can't see that simply extending the lockdown under the current conditions is going to achieve anything more than it has. We've now been under the current "restrictions" for 3+ weeks and we've now got to +/- 20 new cases every day, some of which are regularly "unexplained".

Those cases have to be being caused by peeps mixing under whatever circumstances, if peeps were observing better obviously those new cases would drop. 

If we wish to see them drop further then unfortunately these restrictions need to be better implemented with less piss-taking and more Govt support if necessary. If symptom-show-ers are being driven to going to work out of financial reasons as well then clearly that support isn't adequate or there.

Otherwise this extra week at a time business is just going to go on and on and it's doing nobody any favours.

• Like 4