IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

34 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Why do you think they are not being honest?

Many of us may have more formal qualifications than an MHK you say. I have a degree. I am not sure where that places me in the qualification stakes or how that would make me perform better than them. (Winston Churchill famously had little or no qualifications )
 “ Most of the population has more common sense”. Could you please explain how you arrive at that conclusion?

Similarly I have never heard “them” suggest that “we” are incapable of understanding the ins and outs of their  decisions . (Examples would be welcome)

Its just Government bashing for the sake of it.

Maybe I was wrong about the common sense aspect.

Of course the govt. spokespeople have never said that the general public wouldn't understand. I was suggesting the implication that because many answers are not complete or without enough facts then it suggests that they don't trust the general public. 

It appears that you believe the govt. is doing a great job, they give enough, complete information to the public and their performance is satisfactory.

Good for you.

3 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

All written by the Cabinet Office Quayle bot service. They need to take care that Ashford doesn’t get his hands on them or it’ll be shredder party time.*

*If they exist. 

There was a briefing a couple of days ago, mr allinson in attendance. He utterred not one word during the briefing but then was asked a question by one of the journalists, which he then gave a full and well thought out answer to. I found this a bit odd

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Hundreds of letters to the chief minister, hundreds, demanding the end of live questioning. The dude from manx radio has had a bit of a go, fair play to him, but the only one actially asking questions that don't seem pre-set is moulton. And he usually wastes at least one of them. So we are talking about an average of maybe 1 decent question, occasionally 2 in total. Absolutely unbelievable

Manx Democracy in action!

• Haha 1

Dear Mr Quayle

Sometimes I subject myself to the awfulness of the briefings, and, provided I haven't thrown the cat through the TV out of extreme anger and deep deep despair from 'Ashy' and yourself droning on, I find the questions bit the most entertaining of the whole event. 

Yours sadly

The Teapot

(a copy of this email has also been sent to the press, so put Dave's shredder away)

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 4
  • Haha 7

38 minutes ago, Whatnonsence said:

No my house is not and it has not been identified as a place where two sources of infection have been identified. The people identified are reception staff in other words the gate keepers who receive those coming and going from the prison. 

Has the prison been identified as somewhere that someone got the virus from someone else?

7 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

There was a briefing a couple of days ago, mr allinson in attendance. He utterred not one word during the briefing but then was asked a question by one of the journalists, which he then gave a full and well thought out answer to. I found this a bit odd

Well Allinson is very well educated, extremely clever and does normally answer questions very well in my view whereas some of the others don’t have the first 2 attributes 

10 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Hmmmmm

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well Allinson is very well educated, extremely clever and does normally answer questions very well in my view whereas some of the others don’t have the first 2 attributes 

I got no beef with allinson, the point was, i'm pretty sure he said nothing before the questions were set. So how did they know to have him there?  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Dear Mr Quayle

Sometimes I subject myself to the awfulness of the briefings, and, provided I haven't thrown the cat through the TV out of extreme anger and deep deep despair from 'Ashy' and yourself droning on, I find the questions bit the most entertaining of the whole event. 

Yours sadly

The Teapot

(a copy of this email has also been sent to the press, so put Dave's shredder away)

Hope the cat was ok. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I got no beef with allinson, the point was, i'm pretty sure he said nothing before the questions were set. So how did they know to have him there?  

Presumably it was pre-advertised to the media that he would be and then Quayle simply forgot to ask him to do his bit.  Alternatively it could be that an Education announcement was cancelled at last minute and he was left there like a lemon on Zoom.

The media briefings are entirely about Quayle's ego and making him feel good, and anything that doesn't contribute to that aim isn't thought important.  He stands there, a bare 2 meres from Ashford[1], thinking he's regarded as the Father of the Nation, while everyone watching just thinks what a bumptious and ignorant oaf he is.

[1]  Which as I said before undermines the "Stay at Home" message.  I notice CM of places like Guernsey are quite happy to participate remotely, but I suspect Quayle can't operate without a retinue to tell him what to do and how marvellous he is. 

• Like 3

Just now, Roger Mexico said:

Presumably it was pre-advertised to the media that he would be and then Quayle simply forgot to ask him to do his bit.  Alternatively it could be that an Education announcement was cancelled at last minute and he was left there like a lemon on Zoom.

The media briefings are entirely about Quayle's ego and making him feel good, and anything that doesn't contribute to that aim isn't thought important.  He stands there, a bare 2 meres from Ashford[1], thinking he's regarded as the Father of the Nation, while everyone watching just thinks what a bumptious and ignorant oaf he is.

[1]  Which as I said before undermines the "Stay at Home" message.  I notice CM of places like Guernsey are quite happy to participate remotely, but I suspect Quayle can't operate without a retinue to tell him what to do and how marvellous he is. 

The Health Minister's deferent tone when answering the CM reminds me of Perry saying 'yes Mrs Patterson' on the Harry Enfield show.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I've just listened to it again on listen again. Not one word,  before the first question, from sam turton from gef.