IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

48 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

We should have been since Thursday really.  If you look at the number of new cases from 14 days ago:

Wed 3 Mar  17 (14 day recovered 37)

Thur 4 Mar  36 (27)

Fri 5 Mar  59 (25)

Sat 6 Mar  71 (29)

The 37 on Wednesday is probably earlier cases they were catching up on, but they seem to be falling behind again.  It can't be for lack of testing capacity as they've only been doing around 425 in recent days and they've done around 600 before that.  When Ewart said the Kent variant seemed to be infectious for longer yesterday, she was referring to infected people failing their 13 day test. 

This means the number of active cases is stuck around 860-870 only just off its peak of 872 (you'll remember Howie and Ashie assuring us it would be plummeting last weekend).

The number in hospital is still high given the case mix, hopefully it will fall further over the next few days.

Dr Ewart did say that they were seeing a number of people still testing positive after 14 days (which she put down to the Kent variant), so that is also going to affect the number recovered figure, but presumably they will test negative eventually and be deemed to have recovered.

4 minutes ago, Newbie said:

Dr Ewart did say that they were seeing a number of people still testing positive after 14 days (which she put down to the Kent variant), so that is also going to affect the number recovered figure, but presumably they will test negative eventually and be deemed to have recovered.

I thought they were deemed recovered after 21 days without any further tests. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Newbie said:

According to Dr Ewart yesterday in her answer to PM (@38:12) if a person has a positive test at 13 days, they have to isolate for a further week, but are not tested again. 

Nuts if you ask me but there ya go!

• Like 2

Just been watching today's IOM Govt. Q and A briefing.  Dr Ewart continues to be fond of the Swiss cheese metaphor. I think it's her way of saying that the whole Covid lockdown policy has been full of holes. Nice to be able to put a face to Kathryn Magson, the Chief Executive at the DHSC and one of the Island's highest paid public servants. She's been MIA for the last twelve months. Is this her first public appearance ?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

And another where three tested positive this week. The building has been deep cleaned and everyone is now working from home. 

And there's another problem. All businesses were told that if employees could work from home, that they should. If the business that was deep cleaned this week sent it's employees home this week, it would suggest that they were already able to work from home at the beginning of the most recent lockdown.

Prisin workers positive, a bunch of bus drivers positive (with lots of others now isolating), yet the government think we are doing well.... 

Edited by Manxas
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Just been watching today's IOM Govt. Q and A briefing.  Dr Ewart continues to be fond of the Swiss cheese metaphor. I think it's her way of saying that the whole Covid lockdown policy has been full of holes. Nice to be able to put a face to Kathryn Magson, the Chief Executive at the DHSC and one of the Island's highest paid public servants. She's been MIA for the last twelve months. Is this her first public appearance ?

Is she even here or did she 'zoom' in from the UK? 

55 minutes ago, quilp said:

That is worrying and surely reinforces the requirement for speedy genomic testing and results? 

yeah but we all know what our government does. They try to copy the way things are done in the UK and then do them astoundingly badly. This would just be more of the same.

• Haha 1

I don't think that the number in Hospital with covid and whether they are there because of covid is the point? It is the potential that they or any of the other 600 could require ITU.

ITU must be and have been on 'Red Alert for some few weeks now?

I can understand that some who wish to find a way of 'Opening Up' would like to highlight that not all in Hospital are because of their covid but we have to trust that those in the Hospital know what they are doing? ie. not DA and Ms Ewart!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I do hope Peep's are writing /emailing there MHK's that they for one are not turning off when the question time in the news briefings, To counter the thousands, that are telling that fat prick that they are. And if he has not shredded the letters maybe he could scan a few and put them on line. Of course with the name and addresses redacted to comply with Data protection VD scar and bar. Sorry about the earthy vernacular but I call a spade a bloody shovel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5