IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

'Approximately 1.35 million people die each year as a result of road traffic crashes.' - WHO

...............and around 1700 per month in the UK.

OMG!  But we can't stop driving - it would crash the global economy!

Anyone care to suggest what the political elite :blink: has been doing for the past 5 months?

Edited by Utah 01

8 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

What is it that you want then Sultan?

What I want is easy. Which is to be allowed to go about my life how I want to go about it - but taking appropriate risks to safeguard myself and others because I’m not a complete moron who has been frightened into some submissive trance by a wall of fake news, media sponsored lies and bullshit. I also want all those panicking to just stay in doors and leave it to the rest of us if they’re really as scared as they portray. If you don’t want to go to work that’s fine - but I ain’t paying for it either as in 95% of cases here there is absolutely no reason not to go into work (if you still have a job that is). Also if you’re worried as you’re in a high risk group - that’s fine so stay in doors as you should be protecting yourself anyway. Don’t expect me to fuck my life up or make myself poorer because you can’t be bothered to take entirely sensible precautions to protect yourself as any sentient human being would. And don't expect government to provide some sort of guarantee to protect you. They can’t. Just protect yourself as well as you can and get on with your life and stop telling everyone else what they should be doing and shutting down the world because you’re crapping your pants about a virus that is very unlikely to actually kill you. Remember at the start of all this lockdown was only about managing NHS resources not about nobody ever getting Covid ever. There has been a lot of ‘mission creep’ by various parties whose sole role in all of this seems to be to keep people perpetually scared as that is where they themselves either feel more comfortable or they have some other vested interest in creating a state of perpetual fear. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

The issue is all others are easing restrictions even Guernsey to 7 days so anyone can go to Guernsey from wherever and isolate for 7 days then come here!!

therefore we will have no options but to go to 7 days or the Jersey model which is working very well despite many in this forum predicting 1000s of cases when Jersey reopened 

6 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

Jersey Update:

50,228 tests conducted

7 active cases

0 since Friday

5 Asymptomatic 

2 With symptoms 

0 Hospital admissions 

Borders were opened 3rd July (40 days)

No ‘Second Wave’

No mass death toll

No hysteria

No problem

IOM Update

”We don’t know what to do”

Tell the truth.

Jersey, two new cases yesterday.

1 metre social distancing.

pubs are basically closed.

Restaurants and pubs serving food are open but table service only. 

masks to be worn in shops and public transport

no mass gatherings.

nightclubs shut

cinemas shut

theatres shut

public buildings mainly shut.

people terrified of it coming back and going into full lockdown again.

virtually no tourists because they are afraid they will not be able to get home.

economy on its knees.

I. O. M. - Open for business

no masks 

no social distancing

schools back. 

Most people back to work.

Manx residents can travel off island and return.

Economy ticking over well.

No comparison, really. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Banker said:

The issue is all others are easing restrictions even Guernsey to 7 days so anyone can go to Guernsey from wherever and isolate for 7 days then come here!!

Simply not true.  The option of a reduction to seven days (effectively 8 or 9 because you have to take a test on day 7 and then wait for the negative result) is only if you are travelling from one of their Group B countries[1].  Otherwise it's 14 days, just like here.

It's worth saying that the business tunnel idea hasn't proved a wild success either.  It's only been used 24 times in 21 days.  I suspect most people didn't think it was worth the effort above online communication.

[1]  Or more exactly if you haven't been in one of the Group A countries or areas in the 14 days before your arrival.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Simply not true.  The option of a reduction to seven days (effectively 8 or 9 because you have to take a test on day 7 and then wait for the negative result) is only if you are travelling from one of their Group B countries[1].  Otherwise it's 14 days, just like here.

It's worth saying that the business tunnel idea hasn't proved a wild success either.  It's only been used 24 times in 21 days.  I suspect most people didn't think it was worth the effort above online communication.

[1]  Or more exactly if you haven't been in one of the Group A countries or areas in the 14 days before your arrival.

Yes but group b including UK ! So London to Guernsey 7 days then IOM say day 8 or 9.

We are changing soon no matter what the we’re all doomed brigade say!!

latest stats from Jersey 

Negative tests

Confirmed cases

Pending results

Known active cases

Recovered cases

Registered deaths

Probable deaths

Proven deaths

@Gladys

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.13.20101253v3.full.pdf

Not the article I referred to above, but in a similar vein.  IFR very low in healthy people under 70.  Conclusion I'd make from reading it is that we need to avoid getting our health systems overwhelmed, keep it out of nursing homes, take sensible precautions, but otherwise get on with it.

Caveat - this paper, which looks reasonable to me, is not yet peer-reviewed as it's a pre-print submission.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, wrighty said:

@Gladys

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.13.20101253v3.full.pdf

Not the article I referred to above, but in a similar vein.  IFR very low in healthy people under 70.  Conclusion I'd make from reading it is that we need to avoid getting our health systems overwhelmed, keep it out of nursing homes, take sensible precautions, but otherwise get on with it.

Caveat - this paper, which looks reasonable to me, is not yet peer-reviewed as it's a pre-print submission.

Quite right Wrighty.

Can you please impart your obvious wisdom & intellect on Quayle & Ashford?

I think you’re wasting your time trying to have the C-19 mentalists see sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Yes but group b including UK ! So London to Guernsey 7 days then IOM say day 8 or 9.

We are changing soon no matter what the we’re all doomed brigade say!!

latest stats from Jersey 

Negative tests

Confirmed cases

Pending results

Known active cases

Recovered cases

Registered deaths

Probable deaths

Proven deaths

Just keep saying 7!

2 hours ago, Cambon said:

Tell the truth.

Jersey, two new cases yesterday.

1 metre social distancing.

pubs are basically closed.

Restaurants and pubs serving food are open but table service only. 

masks to be worn in shops and public transport

no mass gatherings.

nightclubs shut

cinemas shut

theatres shut

public buildings mainly shut.

people terrified of it coming back and going into full lockdown again.

virtually no tourists because they are afraid they will not be able to get home.

economy on its knees.

I. O. M. - Open for business

no masks 

no social distancing

schools back. 

Most people back to work.

Manx residents can travel off island and return.

Economy ticking over well.

No comparison, really. 

As of about half an hour ago you absolute Covid mentalist.

Present facts or **** off you crank.

745F572A-34D9-44D9-A506-1C7B8DCEE707.jpeg

4 hours ago, wrighty said:

Not Quite.  It's Auckland, and it's 'level 3 lockdown' which means they still have most businesses open, and it's for 3 days.  They've found 4 cases without obvious travel source.

A bit of context, rather than 'we're doomed', is helpful I think.

Catastrophic and plunged!

image.png.3f6dc9e48877756fb3e0c42a6f6bf7f8.png