IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, madmanxpilot said:

There seems to be a growing belief that international holidays will be very limited this summer. Now if only the IOMG could do something about opening the borders to the UK a couple of months before they currently plan, we may well be seeing donkeys on Douglas beach once more. UK residents coming here because they are unable to jet off abroad could provide our hard hit hospitality industry with a massive boost.

Vaccine passports may be the way to go. Having only vaccinated people visit our largely vaccinated Island would surely be sufficient mitigation of risk.

P&O are doing cruises around the UK which are only open to vaccinated people. Perhaps we should be encouraging them to stop by too.

How dare you. How DARE YOU use common sense.

This is EXACTLY what should be happening. But it would damage the farmers voting for some of the boys this next election, no doubt.

Edited by jaymann
  • Like 1

''Last week, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention put out interim public health recommendations for people who have been vaccinated against Covid-19. Activities such as visiting with a low-risk, unvaccinated household indoors without masks are now back on the table.

While the health agency struck a cautiously optimistic note, it stressed a vaccination doesn’t mean abandoning all Covid safety measures (large gatherings and international traveling are still ill-advised). The main reason is because scientists continue to grapple with the question of whether vaccines can stop transmission. “It’s complicated a statistical question, but provided there are the resources I’d expect it’d be possible to get an answer in the next few months,” says Luke Davis, an epidemiologist and pulmonologist at the Yale School of Public Health.

There are a lot of reasons to think that vaccinated people shouldn’t be able to pass on the virus to others. In the past, vaccines have been instrumental in slowing the spread of other infectious diseases. “I can’t imagine how the vaccine would prevent symptomatic infection at the efficacies that [companies] reported and have no impact on transmission,” Matthew Woodruff, an immunologist at Emory University, told Quartz previously.

But in a field as complex as immunology “should” doesn’t cut it. In order to get to the bottom of the issue, scientists need to collect data from more observational studies following people who’ve been vaccinated—which obviously takes time. Fortunately, several of these studies are already underway.''

Edited by Cassie2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, piebaps said:

Vaccine done. Quick and slick at the airport.

Roads quiet apart from around Dirty Douglas the Covid Capital and even the much maligned Glen Helen car park wasn't rammed.

No noticeable side effects yet, apart from repeatedly singing Land of Hope and Glory and an overwhelming urge to tell Manx people how to run their Island.:D

What about 1966? How do you feel about that now?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I think its great and all, but arguing the rules are unclear is ridiculous. It's clearly and obviously against the spirit of them. 

Agreed. But perhaps we wouldn’t be discussing about the ‘spirit’ of rules if they were clear, concise and well communicated in the first place. Apart from the inherent possibility of danger and thus the potential usage of emergency services/Nobles at this time, I’d presume the paraglide would argue it’s his/her form of exercise as per any local fisherman being allowed to pursue their hobby. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

So is Costa opening.

Yes well, I made my views on that clear the other day, but to avoid any doubt, buying a takeaway latte at 2 in the afternoon is not exercise and those of you doing it are twats.

Open the parks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1