IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

18 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Bus Vannin copping some flak on the social medias. Bunch of drivers tested positive and a load more isolating apparently. Someone had suggested to me a little while back that the management, or at least a very senior member of, were in the 'its all overblown and could be a hoax' camp, so it doesn't come as much surprise that things might have been a touch slack.

7 Bus Vannin staff have tested Positive

42 In self isolation

2 hours ago, piebaps said:

No noticeable side effects yet

I had mine (AZ) on Thursday.  Astonishing efficiency at Chester St - in and out in 15mins.

Apart from a very, very slightly tender square inch around the jab spot (noticeable after 18hrs post jab - gone by 36hrs) and a very slight fluey feel (you know, when you've got a cold coming on you feel just a bit sniffly and temperature goes up last thing before bed) on the following evening post jab - perfectly OK.

Well done to all concerned.

• Like 4

Just now, Roxanne said:

Not funny. Just another example of the ambiguity of their policy and the lengths some people will go to take it to the nth degree. In an idea world, the government could plead for better common sense to be applied but the ones who are listening are the ones already staying home.

I’m no fan of lockdown. I’d far rather we were better managed and organised so we didn’t have to have them, but we’re not and we do.

They’d be better locking down hard, now (as suggested last weekend or thereabouts) and get these numbers down. Nobles staff must be shattered. If a third wave is inevitable then let’s take action now instead of waiting for it to get worse again.

This is the third wave. Though it finally appears to have crested.

image.png.17fefe6572f703c44ce6f044fa38ca71.png

U.K. really ramping up vaccinations now & hopefully we will continue like we have been last 2 weeks 

The UK has seen the third consecutive day with a record number of COVID vaccinations, after 873,784 people received a jab over 24 hours.

NHS England revealed during one hour on Saturday, jabs were given out at a rate of nearly 27 a second.

"In just one day we vaccinated the equivalent of the entire adult populations of Liverpool, Southampton and Oxford combined," NHS chief executive Sir Simon Stevens said.

Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

Id be keeping quiet about the buses still running with half the staff in isolation if I were her....

No one on them, even less now as not many  going into work, no school buses, no night owls etc so probably only need half the staff 

• Like 1