IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I am predicting as a result, a large increase in cases, not a decrease, as of Mon/Tues next week....and this lockdown not finishing until we are well into May.

Some epidemiologists being interviewed on Sky News this morning were saying exactly the same thing about the UK, ie they'll be in and out of lockdown for the foreseeable future (not just May), simply because they're not enforcing the restrictions. Anybody else see the throngs in the protest scenes from Hyde Park yesterday?

10 minutes ago, Banker said:

Why have we got so many then, buses & drivers?

Because we’re the international gold standard for bus procurement and testing? Long buses, short buses, mini buses, bendy buses, single deckers, double deckers...if there’s a new version out, put us down for at least 25 (per year). 

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, manxst said:

Because we’re the international gold standard for bus procurement and testing? Long buses, short buses, mini buses, bendy buses, single deckers, double deckers...if there’s a new version out, put us down for at least 25 (per year). 

I reckon you’ve almost written a bus song there. Well done. Lord Longtail should record it. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Some epidemiologists being interviewed on Sky News this morning were saying exactly the same thing about the UK, ie they'll be in and out of lockdown for the foreseeable future (not just May), simply because they're not enforcing the restrictions. Anybody else see the throngs in the protest scenes from Hyde Park yesterday?

I see UK never getting anywhere for a long, long time.

Isle of Man needs to go for local eradication as before, and whatever that may entail.

Take back control from a position of safety.

Don't think it is going to happen though is it.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Regarding the stats, when it is reported that so many have come from 'known sources', it is seen as being better than 'unknown sources' of course.

But we need to know how those 'known sources' were transmitted. Were they family members, and was the infected family member isolated? Was it from being in the same supermarkets?..or pub?....or whatever. And for how long was there contact.

Etc.

The stats are ok but only up to a point. Someone needs to provide further information. No, not because I am a nosey cunt, but because we all need to know that information so that we know better how to protect ourselves and others.

Come on Henny, either do this, or find someone who can.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Isle of Man needs to go for local eradication as before, and whatever that may entail.

I wonder how many other jurisdictions on this planet, currently struggling with the pandemic, would give their eye-teeth to "only" have a population of 84k on an island surrounded by a minimum of 20 miles of water to sort out?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Not the way it is currently being handled here. They should have tightened rules not relaxed them this weekend (instead allowing bubbles).

Add to that: few vaccines being delivered elsewhere in the world, the west hoarding vaccines, and as a result the ever increasing chances of a variant making current vaccines redundant...

...2020/2021 is increasingly looking like a warm up act only.

The last govt brief reminded me of watching Rainbow with Bungle, Zippy and George.