IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

20 minutes ago, Sentience said:

So, I live by myself, so does my partner in her own home. She has been getting a little depressed that we can't 'be together'.

The CM and his gang talked about 'Bubbling' in such an ambiguous way that we don't know whether or not the two of us  spending time together is actually illegal.

Furthermore, is there a 'time limit' on our togetherness. In other words, can she spend the night with me?

We just don't know. The words used about 'Bubbling' by HQ and his cohorts are very much open to so many different interpretations. 

The Guidance is here sentience - seems reasonably clear https://covid19.gov.im/general-information/teaming-up-with-a-household/ ...................for once:D

Edited by piebaps
poor smelling

1 hour ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

In Australia for example, waste water is sampled as an early warning sign of virus spread. 

I believe since the IRIS Project, the Isle of Man has excellent sewer mapping and access to all sewers. So could be carried out here.

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

I believe the man in charge doesn't believe in covid. I wonder how many more people have to die before he changes his mind. It does seem a little weird that Texas has made the decision to open up and the number of infected has fallen whereas in the rest of the world with the same decision they have become overrun with cases. Are we sure Texas is telling the truth?

Why wouldn't they? There isn't just one approach to this.

Brazil was always going to suffer.  Largely poor. Enormous population.   Very very condensed areas of residence.  Poor sanitation.  Poverty etc.  

Having said that, how many more people are dying each day in Brazil than normal? 

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Guernsey back to relative normality today I see.

I guess if we follow a similar trajectory we are looking at another five weeks to achieve the same....

Be careful lots on here don’t like to see Channel Islands doing well, it shows up our government😀

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

I believe the man in charge doesn't believe in covid. I wonder how many more people have to die before he changes his mind. It does seem a little weird that Texas has made the decision to open up and the number of infected has fallen whereas in the rest of the world with the same decision they have become overrun with cases. Are we sure Texas is telling the truth?

Most of Texas is hot and sunny. Outdoor living. Most of it is also low density population. It is like our summer there now and only going to get hotter and sunnier. The virus cannot survive for long in those conditions. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

The guidance states that you can't 'stay over'.  So I suppose you could meet in one another's home, go at it like rabbits and then go home again to sleep before doing it all again the next day only swapping over houses for a bit of variety. That appears to be legal. Is it sensible? I'm not sure. There are full page adverts about the new Kent variant and how extra duper transmissible it is and how extra careful we all must be to stay home but alternatively we are told that we singletons we can mix with another household, for emotional support (or going at it like rabbits if they are agreeable).

If you wore latex gloves and full gas masks you could potentially go at it like the proverbial without risk of transmission. I don't think I've read anywhere that the virus can be sexually transmitted.

Be careful of the neighbours though. You wouldn't want to be caught inflagrante by the rozzers while you're both wearing gas masks.................or maybe you would if you had some sort of uniform fetish.

I may have overthought this post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2