IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Utah 01 said:

For goodness sake, engage brain-cells, assess 'the risk' and MAKE A DECISION!  Does everyone have to be spoon-fed by the State or is its control so complete after the past 12 months of total brainwashing that the population is incapable of thinking and making decisions for itself?

Sadly, the answer appears to be yes. Seems like mass stupidity continues to rise

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Why wouldn't they? There isn't just one approach to this.

Brazil was always going to suffer.  Largely poor. Enormous population.   Very very condensed areas of residence.  Poor sanitation.  Poverty etc.  

Having said that, how many more people are dying each day in Brazil than normal? 

Russia's excess deaths look to be around 400,000. That's in excess of the normal figures over the same time period.

Of course, as a Russian male, your life expectancy is only 65 years anyway, but that's still a massive jump.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56454701

1 hour ago, Sentience said:

So, I live by myself, so does my partner in her own home. She has been getting a little depressed that we can't 'be together'.

The CM and his gang talked about 'Bubbling' in such an ambiguous way that we don't know whether or not the two of us  spending time together is actually illegal.

Furthermore, is there a 'time limit' on our togetherness. In other words, can she spend the night with me?

We just don't know. The words used about 'Bubbling' by HQ and his cohorts are very much open to so many different interpretations. 

So interpret them ?

37 minutes ago, piebaps said:

If you wore latex gloves and full gas masks you could potentially go at it like the proverbial without risk of transmission. I don't think I've read anywhere that the virus can be sexually transmitted.

Be careful of the neighbours though. You wouldn't want to be caught inflagrante by the rozzers while you're both wearing gas masks.................or maybe you would if you had some sort of uniform fetish.

I may have overthought this post.

There has been guidance issued before to wear masks, prefer positions facing away from eachother, and to avoid certain activities entirely. https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/downloads/pdf/imm/covid-sex-guidance.pdf

11 minutes ago, Barlow said:

As with wearing a mask in the car, they are theoretically correct.

Whenever you leave your home into the big outside you are going into a contaminated area. Continually taking off and donning your mask with potentially contaminated hands is heightening the risk.

I think anyone hiking up North Barrule would be forgiven for taking their mask off but otherwise it should be kept on. But what do they do when they pass someone on the way? 

The chances of catching anything by passing someone outside is minuscule unless they cough directly into your face, same if a cyclist going by. The people catching it are obviously either in a household who has it, meeting up illegally with someone or stopping to chat closely for 10 minutes or longer whilst outside without masks 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Black Mirror said:

Here in this island, I see people in the open countryside with those silly napkins on their faces, and have so much pity for them. Brainwashed. Obvious early signs of dementia.

Isn't suspicion and delusion also listed as a symptom of dementia?

One key point of a mask, is that once it is on your face, you don't touch it. You don't fiddle with it, pop it on and off, or otherwise interfere with it. If you do, you must wash your hands.

So actually, wandering around the countryside in a mask makes plenty of sense when everyone is out and about doing very much the same. It saves you from having to touch it or fiddle with it when you don't need to.

Edited by AcousticallyChallenged
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Russia's excess deaths look to be around 400,000. That's in excess of the normal figures over the same time period.

Of course, as a Russian male, your life expectancy is only 65 years anyway, but that's still a massive jump.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56454701

Hmmmm.

I suspect actual covid deaths are not what are being made out to be.

Clearly covid is killing people.  As a whole host of other things are.

But a lot of deaths I think are reported as covid deaths.  When in reality they're not.  They simply died with covid rather than specifically because of it.

I saw a report takiing about almost permanent restrictions.  Which seems overly panicky and a sign of the state we seem to have ourselves in.

Looking on the island, I wonder how many deaths will be caused by covid.  Not just to those with covid.  But those who die indirectly due to the completely breakdown of society covid seems to be causing.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

But a lot of deaths I think are reported as covid deaths.  When in reality they're not.  They simply died with covid rather than specifically because of it.

I've previously posted an article explaining why so many people who wonder this same thing are mostly wrong, its not in my bookmarks but if I can be arsed I might try and find it again. I'm not saying you, but an awful lot of the people who push the 'of or with' thing are the hoaxer end of the spectrum. Many of them will happily go on about the flu, but seem to miss why they look so stupid saying the flu kills x amount of people but covid deaths are manipulated because they are dying 'with' not 'of'.

Might not have explained that very well, but TLDR the with/of argument is broadly stupid.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Hmmmm.

I suspect actual covid deaths are not what are being made out to be.

Clearly covid is killing people.  As a whole host of other things are.

I saw a report takiing about almost permanent restrictions.  Which seems overly panicky and a sign of the state we seem to have ourselves in.

Looking on the island, I wonder how many deaths will be caused by covid.  Not just to those with covid.  But those who die indirectly due to the completely breakdown of society covid seems to be causing.

The reality is this.

No Government is going to issue figures that break down those that have died from Covid or were simply admitted to hospital through, for example, a heart attack and later died whilst having tested positive within a 28 day timeframe.

They are telling statistics but data that mustn't be shared.

Why is that?

2 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

The reality is this.

No Government is going to issue figures that break down those that have died from Covid or were simply admitted to hospital through, for example, a heart attack and later died whilst having tested positive within a 28 day timeframe.

They are telling statistics but data that mustn't be shared.

Why is that?

They do.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsregisteredweeklyinenglandandwalesprovisional/latest

We use the term "due to COVID-19" or "due to Influenza and Pneumonia" when referring only to deaths where that illness was recorded as the underlying cause of death. We use the term "involving COVID-19" or "involving Influenza and Pneumonia" when referring to deaths that had that illness mentioned anywhere on the death certificate, whether as an underlying cause or not.

But yup, conspiracy, you caught them.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I've previously posted an article explaining why so many people who wonder this same thing are mostly wrong, its not in my bookmarks but if I can be arsed I might try and find it again. I'm not saying you, but an awful lot of the people who push the 'of or with' thing are the hoaxer end of the spectrum. Many of them will happily go on about the flu, but seem to miss why they look so stupid saying the flu kills x amount of people but covid deaths are manipulated because they are dying 'with' not 'of'.

Might not have explained that very well, but TLDR the with/of argument is broadly stupid.

I'm not saying it is to hoax levels.  I'm also not saying it's any kind of sole argument.

However, there has to be some acknowledgement as to the damage being caused by the current stance.   

Look at the Isle of Man.  How much of an increase in suicide have we seen in the last 18 months? Now, I'm not saying some of those people wouldn't eventually kill themselves but you probably see the point.

Also, look at elective surgery and the knock on effect to people's lives.    A relative of mine badly needs surgery.  Can't get it.  Can't even pay your way out of it by going private.  Meanwhile, someone who is nearly 70 is suffering badly and will do so for a couple of years at least.  A couple of years damage and pain is a lot when you've probably got about 15 years left.  

Then bring into the equation the implications to mental health of many people.  Also looking at under 16s.

As a society we seemed to have basically stopped functioning.  All to "deal" with Covid.

I'm not convinced.   I can see there coming a point that when vaccinations are in hand there will be more excuses.   It won't end well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Banker said:

The chances of catching anything by passing someone outside is minuscule unless they cough directly into your face, same if a cyclist going by. The people catching it are obviously either in a household who has it, meeting up illegally with someone or stopping to chat closely for 10 minutes or longer whilst outside without masks 

I'm not doubting you as such, but we simply don't know, or rather our government certainly does not know. 

Very little is obvious. Obviously. Not yet anyway.

One year later and all those tests and data..... and yet not an awful lot more is known about the spreading characteristics of oor 'rona.

Edited by Barlow

I've sunk all my pension pot into brand's and pitchforks. So as to be in on the ground floor when they reopen the  borders and we have to repel the Covid infected masses. Our motto let no man/women in a mob be short of life's essentials, free box of matches with every five brands bought. All out pitchforks are made from yew sourced from sustainable forests. And 2% of purchase goes' to offset our carbon footprint

• Like 1
  • Haha 2