IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Black Mirror said:

Here in this island, I see people in the open countryside with those silly napkins on their faces, and have so much pity for them.

Walking in the countryside I’ve been wearing a snood in the winter months and I’m completely converted. It keeps my face warm and after a long walk my nose doesn’t itch like it used to, a hidden bonus for the anti social type is people are less inclined to stop and talk utter nonsense. So if you see me with a napkin on my face please don’t pity me, I’m rather enjoying it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I live on my own and been struggling again this lock down and took advantage of the 'bubble' option on Saturday . TBH is so open to abuse which is sad as it made such a difference to me just that one night with friends . We all interpreted as it should be and the taxi I went home in also helped the situation . I am not hopeful though of this idea lasting as clearly its already being abused even by the guy below me in his flat who had a bunch of guys around last night till early hours . I will pull him when I see him but tbh I will struggle with any confrontation that will likely happen. Like everything in these times theres always those that will push boundaries or just ignore common sense .   

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

the past 12 months of total brainwashing

Nobody serious believes that. Only half-baked conspiracy nutters.

31 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

They are telling statistics but data that mustn't be shared.

Why is that?

Some kind of conspiracy?

Doesn't this business of 40+ bus drivers self-isolating, plus no statement from BV or DoI, suggest another failure of the Co-Vid protocols within another Government transport undertaking?

Driving a bus, behind a perspex screen, is quite a solitary job, so how have so many suddenly tested positive, probably picking it up from a single index case? And then , how have so many then been categorised as 'close contacts'.

How, where and why have they been mixing? What are the protocols, and have they been observed?   

Regarding the bubble thing. Howard telling people it is not a free for all, is akin to Chris Kinley on Radio TT telling the riders not to swear because they are on live radio.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Doesn't this business of 40+ bus drivers self-isolating, plus no statement from BV or DoI, suggest another failure of the Co-Vid protocols within another Government transport undertaking?

Driving a bus, behind a perspex screen, is quite a solitary job, so how have so many suddenly tested positive, probably picking it up from a single index case? And then , how have so many then been categorised as 'close contacts'.

How, where and why have they been mixing? What are the protocols, and have they been observed?   

Seven are positive cases according to the latest news, and a further 42 are having to isolate. Sounds pretty likely that there is either a lack of safety protocol, or else the protocol hasn’t been adhered to in the correct manner? 
All a simple misunderstanding though by all concerned, nothing to see here. Lessons learnt and all that. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, pongo said:

Some kind of conspiracy?

Who knows, that's why I'm asking.

It's fairly easy simplistic data to share one would have thought.

A bit like sharing how many admitted to Nobles have been vaccinated & age bands. How many were admitted due to Covid (symptomatic) as opposed to procedure which detected Covid as part of the pre-screening (asymptomatic).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pongo said:

If you are incapable of recognising the massive State sponsored COVID terror campaign that has cowed millions into their homes and even now, with vaccination, will not venture out (remember the headlines last summer when the government said it was time to get back to work and nobody did because 'the message has been too successful') then the only nutter is you.

And BTW, I know what a 'pongo' is and if you were one, I'm bloody glad I didn't have to share a slit trench with you.

2 hours ago, Sentience said:

So, I live by myself, so does my partner in her own home. She has been getting a little depressed that we can't 'be together'.

The CM and his gang talked about 'Bubbling' in such an ambiguous way that we don't know whether or not the two of us  spending time together is actually illegal.

Furthermore, is there a 'time limit' on our togetherness. In other words, can she spend the night with me?

We just don't know. The words used about 'Bubbling' by HQ and his cohorts are very much open to so many different interpretations. 

Yes, you can bubble, your example is the perfect textbook case, two people living on their own. So yes you can be together but once you’ve ‘bubbled’ you can’t then choose another household to bubble with, that’s what seems to be confusing people.

An example is myself and my partner live together, we each have a single parent that lives on their own, but we can’t visit both/bubble with both, we have to choose one household or the other.

My only question is : If one household member tests positive, does that mean anyone in the ‘bubble’ also needs to self isolate? or would it be done on a case by case basis, ie when the last time you visited? which could be open to some manipulation?