IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Catastrophic and plunged!

image.png.3f6dc9e48877756fb3e0c42a6f6bf7f8.png

WTF has Auckland got to with IOM restrictions? This typical of the Covid mentalists trying to divert away from IOM needing to move on and get into line with their peer group i.e. jersey & Guernsey

11 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Catastrophic and plunged!

image.png.3f6dc9e48877756fb3e0c42a6f6bf7f8.png

It's the wording that the media use these days to inject fear and hysteria into the souls of normally rational and intelligent humans.

They've literally put the fear of God into people (none more so than our politicians), it's becoming almost comical.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 2

Just now, Nom de plume said:

It's the wording that the media use these days to spread fear and hysteria into the souls of normally rational and intelligent humans.

They've literally put the fear of God into people, it's becoming almost comical.

I hate to tell you this, but that's the way the English-language press has been reacting to practically everything for most of my lifetime.  Scaring people sells papers; getting people annoyed and resentful sells papers.  It's a bit naive to expect them to stop when they're discussing something that actually kills people, they're usually like that when someone's bra-strap breaks or someone fails to kick a ball correctly.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

I hate to tell you this, but that's the way the English-language press has been reacting to practically everything for most of my lifetime.  Scaring people sells papers; getting people annoyed and resentful sells papers.  It's a bit naive to expect them to stop when they're discussing something that actually kills people, they're usually like that when someone's bra-strap breaks or someone fails to kick a ball correctly.

Fully appreciate this RM, however this issue is turning rather intelligent beings into quivering wrecks.

History will see it for what it is - an over reaction that killed the hopes & dreams of a young generation (maybe two or three).

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

As of about half an hour ago you absolute Covid mentalist.

Present facts or **** off you crank.

745F572A-34D9-44D9-A506-1C7B8DCEE707.jpeg

Not disputing that. Yesterday there were seven active cases. Today there are seven active cases. Yesterday there were two recoveries and two new cases. 

And not an insult in sight! 

7 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Not disputing that. Yesterday there were seven active cases. Today there are seven active cases. Yesterday there were two recoveries and two new cases. 

And not an insult in sight! 

I only ever insult people who aren’t by nature morons but act like them.

4 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

But you can do all that here, now. Apart from the travelling thing being a nuisance (and you can still do it) everything in your rant is the situation.

It’s not the situation at all. Neither is it a rant. Government is pandering to the doomsday scaremongering of far too many and it’s stopping sensible policies and protocols being tested and ultimately introduced. Its like they’re paralyzed by fear of the invariable backlash from the Covid crazed many of whom seem to be getting off on all of this a little too much. It’s also keeping far too many people out of the economy making it more difficult for things to recover. It’s like Brexit all over again. A load of rabid retired Daily Mail reading knobs with little to lose financially trying to snatch opportunity from everyone else because they’re scared. 

• Like 2

If you can tolerate The Spectator then
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/how-dangerous-is-covid-a-swedish-doctor-s-perspective
makes interesting reading - I'll leave it to Wrighty to dispute the comments but one is:
"I am not denying that Covid is awful for the people who do get really sick or for the families of the people who die, just as it is awful for the families of people who die of cancer, influenza, or an opioid overdose. But the size of the response in most of the world (not including Sweden) has been totally disproportionate to the size of the threat."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Frances said:

If you can tolerate The Spectator then
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/how-dangerous-is-covid-a-swedish-doctor-s-perspective
makes interesting reading - I'll leave it to Wrighty to dispute the comments but one is:
"I am not denying that Covid is awful for the people who do get really sick or for the families of the people who die, just as it is awful for the families of people who die of cancer, influenza, or an opioid overdose. But the size of the response in most of the world (not including Sweden) has been totally disproportionate to the size of the threat."

That’s a good article I read it a few days ago. Wrightys view would be interesting. Yet despite this NZ locks down Auckland and 1.6million Kiwis are told they can't leave home as nation records FOUR new cases of Covid-19 after 100 days of no cases. How utterly insane is it to lock up 1.6 million people because they have found 4 cases? Those 4 cases were all in the same family as well so rather than isolate them from society the answer is to isolate 1.6 million other people from each other instead. We have reach new heights of Covid craziness just to manage peoples unfettered media fueled fear. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

How utterly insane is it to lock up 1.6 million people because they have found 4 cases?

Complete insanity  - but logical and reasoned thinking went out the window 5 months ago.  The other problem is that our arse-covering politicians are, in the main, incapable of logical and reasoned thinking.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Frances said:

I'm not arguing for/against NZ's action but am very interested in how the covid arrived - by mail (eg on a letter, parcel) or frozen meat (tho thought Kiwis subsisted on lamb)

Yes, it would be interesting to know that. Could it remain dormant and then be reactivated?

Official advice too is that "There is no evidence to suggest that COVID can be transmitted on post or packets". So you're ok to handle your incoming mail.

But then we're advised that the virus can live on metal or plastic surfaces for up to 72hrs. So what about plastic wrapped mail that comes through the letterbox?

40 minutes ago, Frances said:

I'm not arguing for/against NZ's action but am very interested in how the covid arrived - by mail (eg on a letter, parcel) or frozen meat (tho thought Kiwis subsisted on lamb)

Probably via a recent traveller who was tested and subsequently found positive but then again at that stage it’s been found, the rest of the family tested, and all now in isolation to protect everyone else. But never mind let’s just tell 1.6 million people to stay at home on top just so we can claim to have the second wave that’s been foretold. It will happen here too. You can’t stay Covid free forever and 100 days was pushing it. Just like our 80 days are pushing it. And the same will happen here too. One person will bring it in, it will be found, it will be isolated in one or two households, and then a load of wailing muppets will insist we shut the whole island down again for months on end. 

• Like 3