IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Utah 01 said:

If you are incapable of recognising the massive State sponsored COVID terror campaign that has cowed millions into their homes and even now, with vaccination, will not venture out (remember the headlines last summer when the government said it was time to get back to work and nobody did because 'the message has been too successful') then the only nutter is you.

Are you able to explain what it is for? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, manxst said:

Seven are positive cases according to the latest news, and a further 42 are having to isolate. Sounds pretty likely that there is either a lack of safety protocol, or else the protocol hasn’t been adhered to in the correct manner? 
All a simple misunderstanding though by all concerned, nothing to see here. Lessons learnt and all that. 

I listened to the UNITE union woman on Paul Moulton's video earlier, and was staggered when she said the members had been calling for the management to introduce social distancing in the canteen. Hang on, you want the management to come along with a big stick and tell your members what they know they should be doing anyway?. Unbelievable, f**king unbelievable. The canteen shouldn't be open in the first place. Make the buses free to ride and screen the driver completely. Job done.

• Like 16

21 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I live on my own and been struggling again this lock down and took advantage of the 'bubble' option on Saturday . TBH is so open to abuse which is sad as it made such a difference to me just that one night with friends . We all interpreted as it should be and the taxi I went home in also helped the situation . I am not hopeful though of this idea lasting as clearly its already being abused even by the guy below me in his flat who had a bunch of guys around last night till early hours . I will pull him when I see him but tbh I will struggle with any confrontation that will likely happen. Like everything in these times theres always those that will push boundries or just ignore common sense .   

Report them 686262 , police have also posted this number to report breaches 

1 hour ago, Black Mirror said:

Some US states have fully reopened. "Wide swathes of America are now almost back as business as usual" says the title of the article below.

Here in this island, I see people in the open countryside with those silly napkins on their faces, and have so much pity for them. Brainwashed. Obvious early signs of dementia.

The pic below shows Maiami beach a few days ago (horror).

1521060640_WideswathesofAmericaarenowalmostbackasbusinessasusual20-Mar-21.thumb.jpg.d8e2e96ee16e8de21ff2988ff53a54bf.jpg

Vegas hotels are back to about 80% capacity.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

I listened to the UNITE union woman on Paul Moulton's video earlier, and was staggered when she said the members had been calling for the management to introduce social distancing in the canteen. Hang on, you want the management to come along with a big stick and tell your members what they know they should be doing anyway?. Unbelievable, f**king unbelievable. The canteen shouldn't be open in the first place. Make the buses free to ride and screen the driver completely. Job done.

Unbelievable?

Remember, you're talking about people here that used to be paid to eat their lunch.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Make the buses free to ride and screen the driver completely. Job done.

Good in theory but the buses would become a busy joy ride. 

Good wi-fi too. 

Edited by Barlow

22 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I live on my own and been struggling again this lock down and took advantage of the 'bubble' option on Saturday . TBH is so open to abuse which is sad as it made such a difference to me just that one night with friends . We all interpreted as it should be and the taxi I went home in also helped the situation . I am not hopeful though of this idea lasting as clearly its already being abused even by the guy below me in his flat who had a bunch of guys around last night till early hours . I will pull him when I see him but tbh I will struggle with any confrontation that will likely happen. Like everything in these times theres always those that will push boundries or just ignore common sense .   

I think a lot of people just haven’t thought about their ‘bubbles’ very wisely. Another example is my neighbours, there is 3 of them living in 1 household, 2 of the older kids have moved out (I assume living on their own) and both turned up at separate times on Sunday, I think each sibling has made the decision to bubble with their parents, but the parents have chosen to bubble with effectively 2 households rather than 1, I expect it was a bit tricky to decide one kid over the other.

Hopefully the likes of Ashford/Quayle will reiterate at the briefing in more simpler terms that people need to choose 1 household, that means everyone in the household needs to agree to the bubble and not each household member can have their own bubble.

5 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I have no doubt that the decision was taken with the mental health of single people in mind and with their best interests all round but, there's a global pandemic going on with a virulent variant roaming around infecting people.

Someone needs to be sitting at a desk with the positives and negatives of allowing bubbles and allowing Covid-19 to have even more opportunities to spread and working out which is better for the community as a whole rather than a small section of the community.

We're at the stage now that the UK were in when they made wishy washy decisions to win the hearts of the people. It didn't work and infections shot up to the highest rate in Europe. We can't afford that.

We need to lockdown hard (there it is again) and get this under control. If we don't we are fucked. You heard it here first.

I'm I'm wrong then I will be bloody delighted to admit it.

Why are we fucked?

What happens in three months when it happens again?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, piebaps said:

If you wore latex gloves and full gas masks you could potentially go at it like the proverbial without risk of transmission. I don't think I've read anywhere that the virus can be sexually transmitted.

Be careful of the neighbours though. You wouldn't want to be caught inflagrante by the rozzers while you're both wearing gas masks.................or maybe you would if you had some sort of uniform fetish.

I may have overthought this post.

This bubble is a good thing. It saves bonking the toaster after your vaccine

23397503_bonkthetoasteraftervaxx00.thumb.jpg.e35556c65002d6f7e3d0225ec6153d46.jpg

(disclaimer: from Sunday Sport).

Edited by Barlow