IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Nellie said:

Doesn't this business of 40+ bus drivers self-isolating, plus no statement from BV or DoI, suggest another failure of the Co-Vid protocols within another Government transport undertaking?

Driving a bus, behind a perspex screen, is quite a solitary job, so how have so many suddenly tested positive, probably picking it up from a single index case? And then , how have so many then been categorised as 'close contacts'.

How, where and why have they been mixing? What are the protocols, and have they been observed?   

If we had on-island genomics, we'd be able to find out if they're getting infected at work or elsewhere. Given the BV issue first came to light a few days ago, we'd have the answer by now.

*sigh*

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Peter Layman said:

Sadly, we are living in an age where people forget how to act correctly. 

And people forget they can keep their mouth shut instead of denigrating other people.

The question asked in no way sounded like someone looking for loopholes. They were looking for information, and Piebaps kindly provided them with a link to the information they needed, without being nasty about it. Perhaps you could try it sometime.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Zarley said:

And people forget they can keep their mouth shut instead of denigrating other people.

The question asked in no way sounded like someone looking for loopholes. They were looking for information, and Piebaps kindly provided them with a link to the information they needed, without being nasty about it. Perhaps you could try it sometime.

Not sure what comments you think you are following but as I was responding to UTAH 01 then your comments and faux outrage are not needed. Go and heckle somebody else

3 hours ago, Banker said:

The chances of catching anything by passing someone outside is minuscule unless they cough directly into your face, same if a cyclist going by. The people catching it are obviously either in a household who has it, meeting up illegally with someone or stopping to chat closely for 10 minutes or longer whilst outside without masks 

Or finishing isolation whilst still infectious. 

Just now, TheTeapot said:

Via facebook, like 90% of the links you post, because facebook is where you live. It is no wonder you are such a mess.

You seem to know an awful lot about what’s on Facebook & obviously have some sort of issues with information you don’t agree with ,perhaps take a rest 

• Haha 1

The bubble thing is good enough but I’m not sure why you’re not allowed a “stop over” nor to take exercise with the other person. Like Numby said people are taking liberties but it’s the people who are genuinely “just staying with their partner” who are being grassed up by nosey neighbours wtf kind of neighbours do that? Two people seeing each other... call the police. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, madmanxpilot said:

I listened to the UNITE union woman on Paul Moulton's video earlier, and was staggered when she said the members had been calling for the management to introduce social distancing in the canteen. Hang on, you want the management to come along with a big stick and tell your members what they know they should be doing anyway?. Unbelievable, f**king unbelievable. The canteen shouldn't be open in the first place. Make the buses free to ride and screen the driver completely. Job done.

If BV management have not introduced social distancing in the canteen already, i.e. when we entered lockdown they should be in trouble with Health and Safety and likely the police.

It is not for unions to be calling for precautions, it is up to management to introduce them.

Every business I know has risk assessed and introduced new procedures to mitigate the risks of Covid. If BV have not they need locking up.

Could be be the downfall of God as he is now called in there I hear.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, 2bees said:

it’s the people who are genuinely “just staying with their partner” who are being grassed up by nosey neighbours wtf kind of neighbours do that? Two people seeing each other... call the police. 

Two people seeing each other IN A LOCKDOWN.

Puts a bit of clarity on the matter.

15 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

If BV management have not introduced social distancing in the canteen already, i.e. when we entered lockdown they should be in trouble with Health and Safety and likely the police.

It is not for unions to be calling for precautions, it is up to management to introduce them.

Every business I know has risk assessed and introduced new procedures to mitigate the risks of Covid. If BV have not they need locking up.

Could be be the downfall of God as he is now called in there I hear.

Yes - but you shouldn't lean on a mountain railing that isn't there....