IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Yes mostly young people here have it which presumably shows the vaccinations are working for older residents, the article I posted was to show that very few people under 60 die of COVID unless other health issues and for the under 40s it’s minimal risk

I think it is a fair comment that once the over 60's and vulnerable groups have been vaccinated you would expect the hospital to be able to cope, assuming the vaccine does what the studies say and there are no new variants to throw a spanner in the works.

The problem might be more for young people though. If we open up too quickly before they are vaccinated, an awful lot of them may well contract covid, and whilst they probably won't become unwell, they will need to isolate, quite possibly for up to 3 weeks if family members subsequently contract it. Or they may have sequential periods of 2 weeks isolation as different family members catch it. Some sort of control over the spread in young people would mitigate that. Or are you suggesting that they shouldn't have to isolate even if they catch it?

15 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

If BV management have not introduced social distancing in the canteen already, i.e. when we entered lockdown they should be in trouble with Health and Safety and likely the police.

It is not for unions to be calling for precautions, it is up to management to introduce them.

Every business I know has risk assessed and introduced new procedures to mitigate the risks of Covid. If BV have not they need locking up.

Could be be the downfall of God as he is now called in there I hear.

Union also have a responsible to their members welfare and safety. Would have thought they would be assessing the workplace bus and canteen to see if they are safe.

Like the Steam-packet Union  what were they doing ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Whatnonsence said:

Union also have a responsible to their members welfare and safety. Would have thought they would be assessing the workplace bus and canteen to see if they are safe.

Like the Steam-packet Union  what were they doing ?

I'm not saying the Union don't.

I am saying it is legally up to management to make it safe, not wait until someone, Union or whoever asks.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

I am saying it is legally up to management to make it safe

What about the individual actually using what few brain-cells they have left, unlike pongo, to make a decision for themselves?

Has (almost) everyone on this forum become so dependent on the Mr Toad and MBE daily State broadcast to actually dictate their every action and thought process?  I despair at the the level of cretinism that has pervaded our society, and those who are prepared to suck at the teat of State, if they aren't doing so already, in perpetuity.

Just as I suggested to whoever earlier this morning was asking about 'bubbles' (for god's sake - bubbles!) - make YOUR OWN decisions and that applies to bus drivers!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Utah 01 said:

What about the individual actually using what few brain-cells they have left, unlike pongo, to make a decision for themselves?

Has (almost) everyone on this forum become so dependent on the Mr Toad and MBE daily State broadcast to actually dictate their every action and thought process?  I despair at the the level of cretinism that has pervaded our society, and those who are prepared to suck at the teat of State, if they aren't doing so already, in perpetuity.

Just as I suggested to whoever earlier this morning was asking about 'bubbles' (for god's sake - bubbles!) - make YOUR OWN decisions and that applies to bus drivers!

You didn't answer me before.

1 minute ago, Utah 01 said:

It’s not about making our own decisions. I can... but I can’t decide to go into work because they told businesses to work from home.  I can’t play sport because we have been told we can’t.  I can’t go and see my friends because I will be out in prison.  I can’t even go down to the book shop and purchase a book as it is t essential my children can’t go to school ...it isn’t about me not being able to think for myself it’s the rules that are put in place which dictate what I can and cannot do