IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

Howard was taken a bit by surprise, that Juan had told the whole World about Nobles exporting a patient with Covid to another UK hospital. Be outside the headmasters office tomorrow for Juan.

Hope the patient recovers from whatever is up with them.

Howard was probably thinking " One What a son of a bitch"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Not entirely sure I have not missed this on this thread. But am I right that Howard Quayle (fbotp) Push to have the press gagged from asking them there pesky questions at the press briefings. Been kicked out and will still be the norm. And public question and answer run as a stand alone .

(fbotp) ? Can anyone translate for me? Thanks 

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Basically paying some firms rates then. Interesting move.

It's a year in, isn't about time they did like the USD and gave everyone over the age of 16 or 18 a £1,000 cheque?

Don't go into work if you have a sniffle or a headache? Might fly in the public sector but in private sector. Good luck with that. 

Most people are struggling to make ends meet and will be paying for this for many years. Meanwhile in the ivory towers, salary rolls in, pensions accumulate business as usual. Probably a bit miffed they can't getaway for fun in the sun yet.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Barlow said:

It doesn't really tell us anything. Not anymore.

Maybe at the start of all this it implied that the Government had a handle on things and the cases were under control, but that control has been lost now. A case is a case.

It would be more useful if we were told, even generally, where and how people are picking up the virus. I get the feeling they haven't a clue, but they should have by now. (Yeah, and I know I keep banging on about it).  

At the moment, it is the Government's key metric in justifying the continuance of this lockdown. For that reason, most of us want to hear it.

14 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Because I suspect people are not being truthful when questioned by contract tracing.

Also, does it really matter about explaining? Really?

Until that figure hits zero and stays there for a specified number of days, this lockdown will continue. That's why we need to know.

• Like 1

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/work-to-set-up-free-mental-health-phoneline-ongoing/

Oh No, not Manx Telecom.

Can't see that helping a lot. Who can we contact when the line goes down in the middle of a call. Where will be the confidentiality. Will it be anonymous?

You would think they would do it for free anyway. 

16 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Most people are struggling to make ends meet and will be paying for this for many years. Meanwhile in the ivory towers, salary rolls in, pensions accumulate business as usual. Probably a bit miffed they can't getaway for fun in the sun yet.

And in a month's time or thereabouts your Rates Demand will be dropping onto the doormat. Remember the various groups who have been on full whack regardless of whether they've been at work or not.

34 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

The Business 360 question regarding if Comin had considered aligning our exit plan to the UK's appeared to catch HQ out, he stumbled and bumbled, but spluttered out something along the lines that vaccination of the over 50's and above may not be enough to protect our NHS, so may require all adults to be vaccinated before our borders are opened up. If I heard him correctly, this does seem to be another shifting of the goal posts, although it would explain why we seen to be the only ones with an Autumn opening up date.

Yes waffled a lot said he’d been speaking to Guernsey who say July & we’re August he said, He then quickly passed it over to Ashford!!

Guernsey are planning to be fully open 1st July with Jersey sometime June, Comin have been told to return with a simple, clear plan for Tynwald sitting 

10 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Panorama at 7 should be interesting.  Comparing various countries' response to CV.

Picturing HQ with a big bowl of popcorn sitting down to watch all excited.... oh wait it's Panorama... offshore tax haven... Panama papers, VAT jets.... he'll be hiding behind the sofa a la Dr Who circa 1970's

Edited by CallMeCurious
  • Like 1