IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Don't be surprised if they decide "live with it" rather than eliminate it this time.

If these unexplained cases keep popping up on for a few more weeks, then I won't be. However, I would expect 'live with it' would mean a gradual release from this lockdown over the coming months rather than totally coming out of it 21 days after the last reported community case which is the current policy. I know what I'd prefer.

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Thought they’d basically said that was strategy now, mitigation rather than eliminating 

It's still elimination - they've confirmed that again today by saying they want to see zero community cases before unlocking.

4 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Simon Richardson asked  if the 21 days free, of unexplained, cases was still to be used to end the lockdown. DA waffled long enough to derail the question. No answer was given?

As I remember anyway!

Your memory is correct. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Simon Richardson asked  if the 21 days free, of unexplained, cases was still to be used to end the lockdown. DA waffled long enough to derail the question. No answer was given?

As I remember anyway!

It's on Youtube, take a look. 

Here's a graph of this afternoon's briefing. 

The viewers on Facebook drop off steadily after the first few minutes. The media questions start about 25 minutes and - for the record - there is no particular drop off. 

1986643279_20210322CovidBriefing-viewergraph011.thumb.jpg.25e20a11d23576ef3c87db6026d24854.jpg

There will be listeners on Manx Radio too.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Here's a graph of this afternoon's briefing. 

The viewers on Facebook drop off steadily after the first few minutes. The media questions start about 25 minutes in and there is now particular drop off. 

1986643279_20210322CovidBriefing-viewergraph011.thumb.jpg.25e20a11d23576ef3c87db6026d24854.jpg

There will be listeners on Manx Radio too.

I watched on youtube, facebook is full of bankers

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I watched on youtube, facebook is full of bankers

I'm not sure if Youtube watching figures are included in the viewers shown on Facebook. I'll find out Thursday.

The point being though, the viewing figures show there is no "1/3 sudden drop off" when the media questions start, as suggested by Howard.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

No.  That's why we need to stop obsessing over it.

It's hardly obsessing. It's the key to me and others being able to start doing the things we miss and seeing our family again, for that reason, many of us have a very keen interest in it. For example, I had a relative die here this week, and unless we start seeing zero soon, I'm not going to be able to attend his funeral.

If you aren't that bothered about that particular stat, then just ignore it. 

Edited by madmanxpilot
  • Sad 2