IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

And all those who have been babbling for 'mitigation' and 'living with the virus' will soon come to dislike the reality when they realise it's just what the UK has been doing for the last year - an endless succession of confusing lockdown of variable severity.

You are probably right regarding not liking Comins interpretation of mitigation and living with the virus, as my version of these scenarios would likely be very different to HQ and DA's.

Barlow.

We have to decide what we will do, during mitigation, about the spurious cases that will, undoubtedly, still arise?

Do we ignore them and carry on with our new found freedom or lock down again?

When will we be told?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

...it was a fine opportunity for one of them to extract some honesty out of HQ. 

Oh superb...if there’s one thing I always appreciated it’s top quality comedy writing. Well done!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Barlow said:

We may never, ever see 21 days of 'unexplained' or otherwise.

That is quite possible. The transition phase of the exit plan is supposed to start in May. If they do what they say they are going to do, continued unexplained cases would mean the lockdown continuing until then, at which point a gradual relaxation of restrictions would begin. 

• Like 2

Unfortunately? Tho there should be a plentiful supply of rotten veg!

What was the Hotel/Bar/Cabaret at the bottom of broadway called?

I had my first Lo Alcohol beer in there, it was dreadful as was the Comedian!!!

Edited by Kopek

12 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Barlow.

We have to decide what we will do, during mitigation, about the spurious cases that will, undoubtedly, still arise?

Do we ignore them and carry on with our new found freedom or lock down again?

When will we be told?

There are a number of answers to your questions, some official.

The best and most accurate answer to them all is:

Fuck Nose

Edited by Barlow

1 hour ago, madmanxpilot said:

It's hardly obsessing. It's the key to me and others being able to start doing the things we miss and seeing our family again, for that reason, many of us have a very keen interest in it. For example, I had a relative die here this week, and unless we start seeing zero soon, I'm not going to be able to attend his funeral.

If you aren't that bothered about that particular stat, then just ignore it. 

Sorry to hear about your relative.  We had a very close relative die in the uk and attended the funeral via facetime.   Horrific.

I dont know if I'm getting my point across properly.  I guess what I'm saying is that I think the government is basing its policy on a flawed number. (Due to people likely being dishonest with where they may have been, hence creating "unknown" cases)

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

I was surprised, given that his comments represent a significant departure from the previous mantra of vaccinating the old and vulnerable being the key, and that now he is bringing the under 50's into the equation, represents a massive moving of goalposts, that another journo didn't follow up on this line of questioning. He was clearly caught cold and struggling, it was a fine opportunity for one of them to extract some honesty out of HQ. 

Different virus. Different goal posts. Over 50s etc both jabs. Under 50s one jab, kids on summer holidays, borders will open. Kids will get ill but the spread through them should be slow as they are not at school. They can easily isolate at home. 

Edited by Cambon

5 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Sorry to hear about your relative.  We had a very close relative die in the uk and attended the funeral via facetime.   Horrific.

I dont know if I'm getting my point across properly.  I guess what I'm saying is that I think the government is basing its policy on a flawed number. (Due to people likely being dishonest with where they may have been, hence creating "unknown" cases)

Thanks. Yes, it's a sorry state of affairs isn't it.

I have thought that myself, but more from the viewpoint of people who have broken the rules by mixing not reporting the fact that they are ill to avoid consequences. I would hope after three weeks of no cases though, any virus they have spread would have shown itself somewhere.