IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

8 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Dog walks for him. Home for her. No enclosed spaces. They’re telling the truth. I’d stake my life on it.

When the U.K. was at its worst, people who had been in lockdown for months were catching it and it too was unexplained.

Could this variant be a lot more ‘catchable’ than we know even now? 

The only other place would be supermarkets or other shops 

9 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

There a lot of evidence that it is - maybe about 50% or even higher, but that's not going to make someone in isolation catch it.  50% of zero is still zero.

I can only assume he got unlucky on one of his food shops or that there was some contact from something delivered to the house, perhaps through fleeting contact with the deliverer.  As usual genomics would help a lot.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

No they didn’t. Yet there is still this public perception Sweden got it right.

Iceland have done very well with mostly getting rid of COVID & fully open and once you’re vaccinated you can visit without restrictions, so they must be sure vaccinations stop spread of virus.

https://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/news/2021/03/17/iceland_welcomes_non_schengen_citizens_with_vaccina/

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

There a lot of evidence that it is - maybe about 50% or even higher, but that's not going to make someone in isolation catch it.  50% of zero is still zero.

I can only assume he got unlucky on one of his food shops or that there was some contact from something delivered to the house, perhaps through fleeting contact with the deliverer.  As usual genomics would help a lot.

Indeed, it may that we have a different variant to the Kent variant, which might explain the unexplained.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

The only other place would be supermarkets or other shops 

Once the schools closed in the UK shops were the biggest source of infections. Unless the mask is a properly fitted FFP2 / N95 there is still a risk.

17 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

That's a given. Look at Europe. I don't think the director of Pubic Health Department fully appreciates this. If they did they'd be testing a much wider range of symptoms. It's crazy that they're not. A u-turn will be coming when the ECDC change their definitions in a couple of weeks.

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

Iceland have done very well with mostly getting rid of COVID & fully open and once you’re vaccinated you can visit without restrictions, so they must be sure vaccinations stop spread of virus.

https://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/news/2021/03/17/iceland_welcomes_non_schengen_citizens_with_vaccina/

That's why mum's shop there.

13 minutes ago, Banker said:

You just have to pay the £5000 fine to leave the UK. You could buy a round of drinks for that in Reykjavik.

https://mol.im/a/9389921

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, madmanxpilot said:

You just have to pay the £5000 fine to leave the UK. You could buy a round of drinks for that in Reykjavik.

https://mol.im/a/9389921

Yes obviously not possible until 17/05 at earliest but shows that a lot of countries are saying they are happy to accept visitors with vaccinations proof so maybe that’s a way forward for us to allow travel sooner.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

The vax hubs are not exactly Covid secure either, another likely route of infection.

I asked my vaccinator at Chester St.  I put it to him that if there was going to be a festering hotpot of this threat to mankind then he and his numerous colleagues was in it, and had been since opening with a through-put of how many CV laden individuals?  So has anyone caught it at the Chester St centre.

No!  So go away and think up another scare story to keep the fear factor up!

Edited by Utah 01