IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

27 minutes ago, Banker said:

HQ grilled this morning on vaccinations etc, good summary by gef. COMIN voted to end Keys questions after only 4 were answered!!

This cutting off of Keys and Tynwald Oral Questions[1] has been happening more and more recently.  You used to see it under Bell a lot, but even then you never got CoMin voting as a block in the way they have been recently.    It's particularly bad doing it in Keys sittings as it's not even as if they have a crammed agenda to follow (as they sometime do in Tynwald) and so a shortage of time.  Our current CM and his minions are clearly more and more afraid of being questioned.

[1]  Only an hour is allocated to Oral Questions under Standing Orders and to extend this it needs 16 members of the Keys to vote in favour.  Often this is just a formality and everyone agrees to extend.  But with 9 members of CoMin they can veto extension even if everyone else is in favour.

• Like 2

Throughly well thought out and fair business support scheme example A.

Dave has a van, a mobile and some liability insurance that costs him £270 a month.

Kerching- £2500 this lockdown

Throughly well thought out and fair business support scheme example B

Susan has 4 vans, 7 mobile phone contracts, business broadband, insurance, electricity at the office and the warehouse, monthly fees to security alarm etc.  Rent and rates on office and warehouse, membership to chamber of commerce and various other professional bodies. Website hosting, pre paid advertising contracts.

Costs her and her husband £9453 a month before they start.

Doh - same 2500 Dave gets.

A full YEAR they had to plan a better scheme for people who got shafted last year and lot of whom will never recover.

Edited by Howard the Duck MBE TBC

9 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

1.  Unlikely. Certainly in any volume.

2. That just falls into the Stupid/ Selfish category.  You don't go into work infecting people when you know you have covid because your isolated and anxious.  That's idiotic and selfish.

1. In the UK around 5% of the population suffer from domestic abuse

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/crimeandjustice/bulletins/domesticabuseinenglandandwalesoverview/november2020#:~:text=According to the Crime Survey,last year (Figure 1).

I'm wondering @TerryFuchwit given your extensive knowledge on so many areas what is your profession, the breadth of the coverage of your posts is fantastic!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, manx-person said:

1. In the UK around 5% of the population suffer from domestic abuse

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/crimeandjustice/bulletins/domesticabuseinenglandandwalesoverview/november2020#:~:text=According to the Crime Survey,last year (Figure 1).

I'm wondering @TerryFuchwit given your extensive knowledge on so many areas what is your profession, the breadth of the coverage of your posts is fantastic!

Those figures only cover cases of reported domestic abuse. The true figures will be much higher. I've known plenty of incidences of chronic domestic abuse over the decades that were never reported.

Victims of domestic abuse often suffer in silence for many different reasons. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

1.  Unlikely. Certainly in any volume.

2. That just falls into the Stupid/ Selfish category.  You don't go into work infecting people when you know you have covid because your isolated and anxious.  That's idiotic and selfish.

How would you know you have covid? firstly you have this issue with being asympotmatic. I seen some woman saying her husband had been going into work for the past week got a test and tested positive he had no symptoms.

Secondly the symptoms seem so wide how do you differentiate that from normal aches and pains. I have 2 young kids that I am having to home school as well as doing work at home. I am constantly fatigued and tired am I supposed to go and get a covid test every day? 

It is time for the blame game to stop in my opinion.

Edited by thommo2010
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

I'm not saying the Union don't.

I am saying it is legally up to management to make it safe, not wait until someone, Union or whoever asks.

Agree Boris it is poor management. If the Union are on top of it then the management usually are as well they complement each other not so with the buses and steam packet.

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

How would you know you have covid? firstly you have this issue with being asympotmatic. I seen some woman saying her husband had been going into work for the past week got a test and tested positive he had no symptoms.

Secondly the symptoms seem so wide how do you differentiate that from normal aches and pains. I have 2 young kids that I am having to home school as well as doing work at home. I am constantly fatigued and tired am I supposed to go and get a covid test every day? 

It is time for the blame game to stop in my opinion.

Also, covid differs from most other viral illnesses in that a person becomes infectious prior to having symptoms. "The amount of virus in our body begins to peak the day before we begin to get sick."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54648684  (source of quote)

If the viral load is beginning to peak the day before getting sick, it's reasonable to assume you can be shedding the virus and infecting others for a few days before knowing something's wrong.

Blaming the The Great Manx Public isn't doing anyone any favours, apart from our Glorious Leaders who dropped the ball in so many different ways that it's becoming difficult to keep track. This blame game is yet another dropped ball, imo. 

Edited by Zarley
Broken link
  • Like 6

55 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I seen some woman saying her husband had been going into work for the past week got a test and tested positive he had no symptoms.

Curious to know why (or even how) he got a test. If he was tested because he was an asymptomatic high risk contact he should have been isolating

2 hours ago, Banker said:

HQ grilled this morning on vaccinations etc, good summary by gef. COMIN voted to end Keys questions after only 4 were answered!!

https://gef.im/gef/keys-quiz-chief-statement

"HQ - It is important to get the messaging out, we did Q&A with James Davis, millions watched it (well ok 19,000)."

19,000? I can't believe that is true!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Manx Yeller said:

"HQ - It is important to get the messaging out, we did Q&A with James Davis, millions watched it (well ok 19,000)."

19,000? I can't believe that is true!

If you count the replays on Dave maybe

Either that or Longworth is adding up the figures

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Newbie said:

Curious to know why (or even how) he got a test. If he was tested because he was an asymptomatic high risk contact he should have been isolating

Doesn't take a rocket scientist does it?

A and B work together.  On Tuesday As wife tests positive as an unknown case. B is tested next day and tests positive.

A who is still at work and has been working throughout gets a call from 111 goes for a test despite feeling fine and tests positive.

2 hours ago, Lewis said:

All over it but can't find any daily booking numbers beyond today. Thanks anyway.

Just change the dates in the top left corner.  

They will currently be set to 01/12/2020 & 23/03/2022 so if you change them to 24/03/2021 & 24/03/2021 for example you'll see that currently there are 878 Hub vaccinations booked of which 797 are first dose.

6 minutes ago, Howard the Duck MBE TBC said:

Doesn't take a rocket scientist does it?

A and B work together.  On Tuesday As wife tests positive as an unknown case. B is tested next day and tests positive.

A who is still at work and has been working throughout gets a call from 111 goes for a test despite feeling fine and tests positive.

Why is A still at work if his wife tested positive a couple of days earlier?

3 minutes ago, Manx Yeller said:

Just change the dates in the top left corner.  

They will currently be set to 01/12/2020 & 23/03/2022 so if you change them to 24/03/2021 & 24/03/2021 for example you'll see that currently there are 878 Hub vaccinations booked of which 797 are first dose.

Got it. Thanks