IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Have they passed it on? You do know what a "close contact" is right?

If you're masked and following distancing and hand hygiene guidance and a guy on a mountain bike passes you what are your chances of catching the virus? What about the paraglider? What's the risk there? 

The greater risk comes in a shop/supermarket. Especially in a one way system. You'll be right behind someone most of the way round and someone will be right behind you too.

I do agree about "essential" though especially for paragliding.

I think the issue with mountain bikers is when they throw themselves off mountains etc etc, resulting in ambulances, helicopters and ultimately, more pressure on Nobles. Don't have an issue with a biker going down the road past me, but the Bradda Head / Plantation routes seem to up the risk factor.  Didn't we have 3 in one night a week or two ago? 

8 minutes ago, Banker said:

Is he connected to Courtney Heading lot? Apparently they are posting letters out around the Island accusing the Government of major crimes against humanity over Covid restrictions, an elderly relative down south got one and didn't have a clue what they were going on about.

07004A5E-9042-4E69-A6B3-D52D87982498.jpeg

4263DA82-AEC9-4E61-9510-BFB08F67F9E3.jpeg

Edited by manxst

31 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Have they passed it on? You do know what a "close contact" is right?

If you're masked and following distancing and hand hygiene guidance and a guy on a mountain bike passes you what are your chances of catching the virus? What about the paraglider? What's the risk there? 

The greater risk comes in a shop/supermarket. Especially in a one way system. You'll be right behind someone most of the way round and someone will be right behind you too.

I do agree about "essential" though especially for paragliding.

Have they passed it on? Dunno mate.

But if they had all stayed at home I can say that there would be as good as zero chance of passing it on. It's people with the 'fuck you' attitude who are extending this lockdown and all that goes with it.

Well we just don't know about spreadbility. Or rather, we haven't been told, or more likely the data is there but no one who has access to it knows what to do with it.

Anyway, here's some social distancing for you. Plus cold (good for longevity of a virus) deep breathing etc

1657956751_Laksaa001.jpg.02e664442e08a10e766219f5f3db0c39.jpg

Edited to add:

If I was in that water, not only would I be gasping deep breaths like a bastard, but my genitalia would be up with my gall bladder.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Fucking selfish smug twats. I am raging about this. They are saying they’re doing it for their mental health. Well boo fucking hoo. What about the mental health of people who have lost relatives to COVID, have been separated from loved ones for months, have been ill, have lost their jobs. I could go on. But I can feel my blood pressure rising. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

Fucking selfish smug twats. I am raging about this. They are saying they’re doing it for their mental health. Well boo fucking hoo. What about the mental health of people who have lost relatives to COVID, have been separated from loved ones for months, have been ill, have lost their jobs. I could go on. But I can feel my blood pressure rising. 

Swallowing a pensioners turd is a known cure for depression 😁

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

Anyway, here's some social distancing for you. Plus cold (good for longevity of a virus) deep breathing etc

I think people don't think things through.  They think cold water and open air are automatically 'healthy' and will somehow magic away anything.  They don't bother to stop to consider that coronaviruses thrive in the winter (which is why we have colds then) or that exercise will increase the amount of virus that an infected person emits.

• Like 1

Perhaps if and when any of them do contract Covid, a brief foray into Laxey's health giving waters may prove to be the cure too. The World's Health authorities are watching keenly.....

• Haha 1