IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

19 minutes ago, ptarmigan said:

Laxey swimmers...very low risk surely...a slap on the wrist seems appropriate. 

It's mixed messaging and weakens the stance that would have been taken this time last year - not to mention the fact they fragrantly and knowingly broke the law.  Families have had to bury loved ones where they had been restricted to 10 socially distanced people, and have therefore had to tell other family members that they can't attend because it would breach the rules, but it's OK for these clowns to go for a jolly swim and then cost hundreds if not thousands of pounds in Police time?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Manx Bean said:

It's mixed messaging and weakens the stance that would have been taken this time last year - not to mention the fact they fragrantly and knowingly broke the law.  Families have had to bury loved ones where they had been restricted to 10 socially distanced people, and have therefore had to tell other family members that they can't attend because it would breach the rules, but it's OK for these clowns to go for a jolly swim and then cost hundreds if not thousands of pounds in Police time?

I think fragrantly breaking the law on Laxey beach would be difficult, going by all the posts on the sewage situation there. :rolleyes: 

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Manx Bean said:

Is it called double standards? Some will be asking, If you are a young lad from Doncaster and a bit thick and you call in tesco for a few cans of beer you get 2 weeks in prison and a criminal record. If you are a middle aged lefty and do something absolutely wreckless you get a scolding.  Sorry but I just don't get it.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ptarmigan said:

Laxey swimmers...very low risk surely...a slap on the wrist seems appropriate. 

Tend to agree, but that slap has to be made public to deter what is fast becoming an acceptance that some people can do whatever they want. This lockdown is unravelling and the wider message is that this is ok. 

You people reading about swimming in groups will quite rightly expect to be able to do the same. And then play football together etc.

Do people not realise what stay at home means ?

Or maybe now the Govt has thrown it's hands in the air and left so many loopholes and mixed messages they are really now going for herd immunity, just without declaring it yet. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I’m a bit peed off, because I am one of a group of swimmers who have been going down, separately, without a fuss, for an early morning swim.  I have a feeling that after this we will no longer be able to do it and I’m a bit sad about that. It’s not organised, it just happens and no one has cared much about it. From now on they will probably care more. 

Laxey?  Maybe use a different beach for the time being until the heat dies down and the Navy SEALS have been extracted. 

If you're part of the Central Eastside Massive - Garwick, Groudle or Cornaa?  There are actually a couple of 'secret' footpaths down to the southern end of Laxey beach too - beyond the Prom. 

• Like 1

The plod have got to take a stance on this because as we know the great manx public will see chink in the rules and exploit/interpret it for their own pleasure/benefit.

The swimmers did it why can't we the'insert sport/hobby/club'  it must be ok?

Doesn't make it right or sensible.

Edited by The Chief
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1