IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Nobody is dying. 

Is death your yardstick? Fewer are dying because of the measures put in place.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

So it's ok you think to have an inconsistent approach. Jail some, ignore others. We gloat about our no nonsense, bang em in jail approach. Zero tolerance. Then we go and do something completely different because it's not palatable. Jail the foreign welders but let the locals off?

The problem is with the overall policy & direction. 

They’ve caused this by striking the fear of God into everyone & turning the Manx loonies into Covid vigilantes.

People need to wake up & act rationally.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Nom de plume said:

The problem is with the overall policy & direction. 

They’ve caused this by striking the fear of God into everyone & turning the Manx loonies into Covid vigilantes.

People need to wake up & act rationally.

So does that mean the welders should get an apology, a pardon and compensation? 

20 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

The NHS is not there to be protected, it is there to protect us. It’s working superbly.

I am afraid it isn't. 

Cancellled operations, investigations, appointments, treatments and long term problems building up every day under the present lockdown.

1 minute ago, Apple said:

I am afraid it isn't. 

Cancellled operations, investigations, appointments, treatments and long term problems building up every day under the present lockdown.

As a consequence of the madness that the Govt is applying.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Does it f’ing matter now?

Really?

It does to them!

To be fair I don't disagree with your sentiments. However we have set precedents that don't go away. The welders should have had an overnight in the cells then sent on their way. Same for the lady who went to get petrol. I feel for the police as the poor buggers will always be wrong and the situation itself is unprecedented. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Apple said:

Whoever undertakes any activity hat can result in added pressures should be heavily fined, on the spot. Prison for a repeat offence.

You must be a very sad individual leading a very sad life if you exist in your little world with attitudes like this.  You need to get out into the real world more (as and when); you know, the one that really does exist outside the Manx 12 mile limit..

17 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

Keep going - you're giving into the pitchfork brigade and covid brainwashed.

I don't consider myself to be in either category. Criticism of behaviour is not the same as criticism of the person as some people on here fully recognise. 

For better or worse we are being told by CoMIN what we can and can not do. I tend not to agree with a lot of it, but I will abide by the rules for what I am told is the greater good.

Without that, we see the potential for wider chaos and rule breaking. 

It is ok until we have another outbreak and another lockdown. Then people will moan.

Edited by Apple
typo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

You must be a very sad individual leading a very sad life if you exist in your little world with attitudes like this.  You need to get out into the real world more (as and when); you know, the one that really does exist outside the Manx 12 mile limit..

Personal criticism with no basis of truth or reality. How refreshing. 

• Like 1