IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, Cambon said:

What? Hardly anyone over there has had their second jab. Most whom have had their first jabs still have a limited amount of virus resistance building up. It is not quick. 

On the other hand, they have been in full lockdown for nearly 12 weeks, and the figures dropped because of that. 

Very little to do with vaccination

I despair. Really.

10 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Agree, except why have a buffer? If the 2nd jabs are already reserved why have a buffer for currently available stock? The jab can only be used once, saving it in case the boat doesn't go makes no sense. It needs to be in people's arms.

They’ve stopped reserving 2nd jabs. In 1 week there’ll be no second jabs for 7 weeks, anyway.

8 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Agree, except why have a buffer? If the 2nd jabs are already reserved why have a buffer for currently available stock? The jab can only be used once, saving it in case the boat doesn't go makes no sense. It needs to be in people's arms.

I agree. I was only giving an example of what they *could* say. Im definitely not a fan of first dose buffers. The quicker my first dose gets in my arm the better and if I knew it was on the island but they were delaying it so they had a "buffer", I'd be rather annoyed! It's not helping me keeping it in storage!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Howard the Duck MBE TBC said:

Pretty sure Cambon must be a wind up merchant?

Yes he’s well known for posting crap, strange how France, Italy have been in lockdown but cases going up , what’s the difference with UK , the vaccinations roll out 

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Take up is low, less than 50%

That would be surprising because the latest take-up rates in the UK are higher than that:

Over 65: 80%

2/3 year olds: 54%/57%

Clinical at risk (under 65): 52%

Healthcare workers: 74%

(Other children were 48% but I'm not sure if the age ranges were the same as here)

I would have thought that our less-mobile population and other small community advantages would have meant that our rates were even higher.

Other 50-64 year olds (not at risk) were also offered jabs in the UK, but that was only from the start of December, so that's only a month's worth.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Howard the Duck MBE TBC said:

The only relevant statistic is cases from unknown origin, and they didn't give it in the figures in the briefing.  Instead they told us how many people have been tested across all three outbreaks.

Genius

The total number of tests is  now irrelevant and meaningless, particularly when some people have been tested several times. 

Oh, just reminded us about the clocks going back.

4 minutes ago, Howard the Duck MBE TBC said:

The only relevant statistic is cases from unknown origin, and they didn't give it in the figures in the briefing.  Instead they told us how many people have been tested across all three outbreaks.

Genius

Theres 1 but maybe a travel linked one

We have said before that we would hope to be able to make some changes around 6 April. If we do see no unexplained cases between now and then, we may still be able to make some changes – even if just modest ones – around that date. #COVID19 #IsleofMan

so we knocking off hetty's 14 days no case rule now, because i make that the 8/9th at the earliest not the 6th.

Edited by The Chief