IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

15 new cases (1 unknown) and still 16 in hospital (3 in ICU).  It's not really the changes I would have hoped to be seeing by now.

12 minutes ago, Howard the Duck MBE TBC said:

The only relevant statistic is cases from unknown origin, and they didn't give it in the figures in the briefing. 

The figure does appear on the dashboard though, but the total new cases is important as well - especially as there's a danger of false links (you can't be certain with genomics).

Edited to add: The unknown isn't travel related as the dashboard shows a separate category for that.

Edited by Roger Mexico

1 minute ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

They have a separate category for travel cases.

I took that to mean 1 new unlinked case which is possibly linked to an existing travel case? but they haven’t certified that yet? My only reason for thinking this is because Dr Ewart went on to say people must follow self isolation rules.

Very well presented question by the journalist about the bus driver who questioned passengers about if their journey was essential or not. What wasn't great was the inept way that HQ answered by not answering..... 

Edited by Manxas
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

I took that to mean 1 new unlinked case which is possibly linked to an existing travel case? but they haven’t certified that yet? My only reason for thinking this is because Dr Ewart went on to say people must follow self isolation rules.

The case is unlinked to any existing cases on the Island. It is not from a person who has come back into isolation as a returning resident as they are shown differently. I think can only be a maritime or aviation employee (IOMSPCo, Mezeron, Loganair, Air Ambulance etc) for whom the protocols have not prevented infection. That's more of a concern than ones popping up in the community as it proves there are still holes in the defences. I wonder if yet another misunderstanding will come to light.

• Like 3