IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, madmanxpilot said:

The case is unlinked to any existing cases on the Island. It is not from a person who has come back into isolation as a returning resident as they are shown differently. I think can only be a maritime or aviation employee (IOMSPCo, Mezeron, Loganair, Air Ambulance etc) for whom the protocols have not prevented infection. That's more of a concern than ones popping up in the community as it proves there are still holes in the defences. I wonder if yet another misunderstanding will come to light.

That isn’t how I interpreted it, it sounded like it was likely to become a linked case but just hadn’t been certified yet, sounded like an existing travel case had broke self isolation rules, a travel case would simply be classed as a travel case whether linked or unlinked.

12 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

The case is unlinked to any existing cases on the Island. It is not from a person who has come back into isolation as a returning resident as they are shown differently. I think can only be a maritime or aviation employee (IOMSPCo, Mezeron, Loganair, Air Ambulance etc) for whom the protocols have not prevented infection. That's more of a concern than ones popping up in the community as it proves there are still holes in the defences. I wonder if yet another misunderstanding will come to light.

I think if it were another Steam Packet scenario we would be hearing something from the crew who would have been told to isolate plus possible cancellations.

7 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

That isn’t how I interpreted it, it sounded like it was likely to become a linked case but just hadn’t been certified yet, sounded like an existing travel case had broke self isolation rules, a travel case would simply be classed as a travel case whether linked or unlinked.

That would be a 'better' scenario. Hopefully we'll find out.

3 minutes ago, Howard the Duck MBE TBC said:

Late

If it is 12pm and you are adjusting your clock and your appointment is at 2pm...

...put it back an hour instead of forward you are on 11am and everyone else putting it forward is on 1pm.

Hence at the real 2pm you will be on 12pm and 2 hours early. Try it with this clock.

unnamed (2).jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

Errrrm, we do know the answer?

The UK has locked down and the case numbers are dwindling. If they hadn't are you implying it was a waste of time?

The UK has vaccinated all the most vulnerable age groups and case numbers are tumbling. If they hadn't are you implying it was a waste of time?

I'm unsure where the uncertainty comes in?

I didnt say that. I agree there will be an effect of the lockdown for sure and also some contribution from the vaccinations.

43 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

That would be surprising because the latest take-up rates in the UK are higher than that:

Over 65: 80%

2/3 year olds: 54%/57%

Clinical at risk (under 65): 52%

Healthcare workers: 74%

(Other children were 48% but I'm not sure if the age ranges were the same as here)

I would have thought that our less-mobile population and other small community advantages would have meant that our rates were even higher.

Other 50-64 year olds (not at risk) were also offered jabs in the UK, but that was only from the start of December, so that's only a month's worth.

Thanks for posting that. Wonder how it stacks up against IoM as it currently stands.

9 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I didnt say that. I agree there will be an effect of the lockdown for sure and also some contribution from the vaccinations.

UK hospitalized for COVID falling rapidly due to vaccinations roll out

The head of NHS England has recommended lowering the health service's COVID emergency alert level because of reduced hospital admissions.

Chief executive Sir Simon Stevens said there are currently 4,000 patients being treated for coronavirus in hospital - down from 34,000 in mid-January.

That was due to "both declining infection rates across the community and the impact that's now being felt from the vaccination programme".

Above from Sky News today 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

Like it or not, that is the persona you project in your postings on here, reality or not.

It is easy to impress some people like that on here. Glad it has worked. 😇

35 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

During a group chat, the big talking point revolved around a worker testing positive at work and being told by management to keep quiet about it. If true what chance do we really have

24 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

That's how I took it too. If only there was  "a robust and speedy system of genomic testing" that could give us the answer.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

If it is 12pm and you are adjusting your clock and your appointment is at 2pm...

...put it back an hour instead of forward you are on 11am and everyone else putting it forward is on 1pm.

Hence at the real 2pm you will be on 12pm and 2 hours early. Try it with this clock.

unnamed (2).jpg

But when you think it is 2pm and turn up to your appointment, it is actually 4pm so you have turned up 2 hours late...

• Thanks 1