IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

39 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

I think can only be a maritime or aviation employee (IOMSPCo, Mezeron, Loganair, Air Ambulance etc) for whom the protocols have not prevented infection. That's more of a concern than ones popping up in the community as it proves there are still holes in the defences. I wonder if yet another misunderstanding will come to light.

I would tend to agree - see are still vulnerable in those areas. Mr Quine raised some issues about these areas and the management of them in Tynwald but I can not find the Hansard on the exchange.

Wasn't he advised to withdraw some remarks he was making about the management of staff by someone down at the airport or something similar? 

28 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

If it is 12pm and you are adjusting your clock and your appointment is at 2pm...

...put it back an hour instead of forward you are on 11am and everyone else putting it forward is on 1pm.

Hence at the real 2pm you will be on 12pm and 2 hours early. Try it with this clock.

unnamed (2).jpg

Not that its remotely important, but you have actually proven yourself wrong in your own post

1 hour ago, madmanxpilot said:

The case is unlinked to any existing cases on the Island. It is not from a person who has come back into isolation as a returning resident as they are shown differently. I think can only be a maritime or aviation employee (IOMSPCo, Mezeron, Loganair, Air Ambulance etc) for whom the protocols have not prevented infection. That's more of a concern than ones popping up in the community as it proves there are still holes in the defences. I wonder if yet another misunderstanding will come to light.

The answer is to stop fixating on "unknown" cases and start moving towards acceptance that covid is going to be here post the end of lockdown.  We will never get back to normal with the current obsession. 

• Like 2

Hetty came up with a new word on me, in not putting out statistics and data because it would only be infotainment.

I'm not sure about that. They need to delve deeper into the data to understand wtf is going on. At the moment it is just surface data.

Anyway, here's the viewing stats from Youtube and Facebook for today. 

The point being, quite categorically once again, that there is not a huge drop off when questions are asked by the media. It is a steady drop off from the first few minutes into the briefing:

1872657278_20210325CovidBriefinggraph011.thumb.jpg.33c19634e9f4a659c57fedf398f79789.jpg

Edited by Barlow
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TerryFuchwit said:

The answer is to stop fixating on "unknown" cases and start moving towards acceptance that covid is going to be here post the end of lockdown.  We will never get back to normal with the current obsession. 

So what you are saying is that we should move to the transition phase of the exit strategy now, before all of the vulnerable groups can benefit from having had their first jabs?

Just now, madmanxpilot said:

In just his trunks hopefully.

I wouldn't be surprised, if it is the guy that runs these things. He has pictures on his Facebook hiking up mountains in shorts and stood up Snaefell in the snow similarly dressed.

14 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

So what you are saying is that we should move to the transition phase of the exit strategy now, before all of the vulnerable groups can benefit from having had their first jabs?

I think that would be sensible.  Let people make their own decisions about what they do and don't want to do.

Maybe some allocated slots through the week where those shielding etc can get out and about and the rest of us stay out of shops, but other than that back to normal.

Whichever way they spin the figures they have obviously decided schools are back on the 12th anyway so why keep pretending that isn't the case?

35 minutes ago, snowman said:

One of the swimmers in court tomorrow

There’s a video of the arrest posted on Manx radio Facebook page , 4/5 police there , back of the van in trunks whilst several other swimmers etc shouting that’s it’s disgusting, arrest paedos etc