IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

11 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Sorry banker, we have a great plan. 14 days self isolation on arrival. I think its a great system.

It isn’t though is it as it isn’t being effectively policed. It’s 14 days voluntary self isolation (random checks being done only) and the misguided belief that the borders are “closed” on top when they aren’t. 

37 minutes ago, Banker said:

It is the way to go and they seem to have a very effective process in place whereas IOM don't even have a plan other than we will consider copying our mates Guernsey at end of August!!

The Island seldom has an original idea of its own. MHK's may talk about making bold decisions but they are decisions that have been made by others elsewhere first.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

If you look at the details the new figures from Jersey are quite worrying for them:

image.png.d86076e41634068d44ae28d5be960be0.png

This looks as if the virus has got back out into the community again and isn't just limited to arrivals.

I doubt they are worried by those few cases with majority coming from arrivals 

in fact everyone impressed at how efficient testing is, 4500 arrivals over weekend, something our battered industry can only dream about!!

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2020/08/12/covid-testing-stands-up-to-more-arrivals/

Edited by Banker

5 hours ago, Banker said:

Jersey will have testing up to 2000 per day on island soon to support the open borders with testing on arrival 

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2020/08/13/more-covid-19-tests-to-be-processed-in-jersey/

Banker, when are you going to understand, Jersey is still in partial lockdown. Many businesses are still closed. Masks all over the place. Tourists avoiding because they are scared of getting stuck due to the island being Covid black listed. 

The statistics posted above show the virus is basically back in the community. It is just a matter of time. 

7 days and test is the way to go, but not until next month.

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

I doubt they are worried by those few cases with majority coming from arrivals 

But every epidemic starts with one case.

It's more that two of the four most recent ones are not arrivals that is the worry.  It may be contained (many of those infected don't infect anyone else) but the danger is that it is it will spread in the same way that it has in Malta (which like Jersey had more or less eliminated the disease).  Malta were much less cautious in a number of ways and now have more active cases than they did in the first wave.

1 hour ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

The Island seldom has an original idea of its own. MHK's may talk about making bold decisions but they are decisions that have been made by others elsewhere first.

But then we would complain that they were re-inventing the wheel if they didn't look at good, current practice elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Cambon said:

Banker, when are you going to understand, Jersey is still in partial lockdown. Many businesses are still closed. Masks all over the place. Tourists avoiding because they are scared of getting stuck due to the island being Covid black listed. 

The statistics posted above show the virus is basically back in the community. It is just a matter of time. 

7 days and test is the way to go, but not until next month.

What a lot of crap, there are lots of tourists going there, 4500 arrivals over a weekend are not all residents and Jersey is not Covid black listed by anyone except Guernsey! Please stop posting lies without any facts to back them up.

Recent press report showing 40% increase in tourist traffic since Jersey opened borders which shows Cambons post that tourists are avoiding Jersey as crap!

some on here are desperate to post rubbish to support their own agendas of keeping Iom isolated forever 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/1319175/Channel-Islands-Jersey-holidays-summer-coronavirus-tests-quarantine-rules-staycations/amp

Edited by Banker
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

But every epidemic starts with one case.

It's more that two of the four most recent ones are not arrivals that is the worry.  It may be contained (many of those infected don't infect anyone else) but the danger is that it is it will spread in the same way that it has in Malta (which like Jersey had more or less eliminated the disease).  Malta were much less cautious in a number of ways and now have more active cases than they did in the first wave.

I wouldn't trust anything the Maltese gov says.

34 minutes ago, Banker said:

Recent press report showing 40% increase in tourist traffic since Jersey opened borders which shows Cambons post that tourists are avoiding Jersey as crap!

some on here are desperate to post rubbish to support their own agendas of keeping Iom isolated forever 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/1319175/Channel-Islands-Jersey-holidays-summer-coronavirus-tests-quarantine-rules-staycations/amp

Sorry banker, but nearly everyone travelling to jersey are either friends and relatives going to visit people, or people returning home after a break (usually seeing friends and relatives), and hoping for a negative test so they can get back to work/ normal asap. How do I know? I have family living there. I hear it first hand, not second hand from the gutter press. People in jersey are jealous of Guernsey and IOM and wish their government would do the same thing.

Very few genuine tourists are travelling there, or France, or Northern Spain, or Malta and many other places because they are on the edge of further lockdown measures. 

Dont lump me in with the borders closed forever crowd. I want the borders open as much as you. However, I also want the economy at least on tick over as it is now. Jersey's economy is not  ticking over. That is why they are trying desperate measures. The last thing we need here is another lock down. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Sorry banker, but nearly everyone travelling to jersey are either friends and relatives going to visit people, or people returning home after a break (usually seeing friends and relatives), and hoping for a negative test so they can get back to work/ normal asap. How do I know? I have family living there. I hear it first hand, not second hand from the gutter press. People in jersey are jealous of Guernsey and IOM and wish their government would do the same thing.

Very few genuine tourists are travelling there, or France, or Northern Spain, or Malta and many other places because they are on the edge of further lockdown measures. 

Dont lump me in with the borders closed forever crowd. I want the borders open as much as you. However, I also want the economy at least on tick over as it is now. Jersey's economy is not  ticking over. That is why they are trying desperate measures. The last thing we need here is another lock down. 

Well sorry you are wrong, I have many friends and family in Jersey and they tell me there are many tourists there and they have had many friends from all over Europe visiting.

they are not jealous of IOM at all and say they welcome being able to travel freely and then get tested fir free to know they don’t have virus.

theres also an estimated 100,000 UK tourists in France plus many other nations but according to you there are very few, sorry you have no facts to back up your posts.

Edited by Banker