IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 hours ago, Banker said:

There’s a video of the arrest posted on Manx radio Facebook page , 4/5 police there , back of the van in trunks whilst several other swimmers etc shouting that’s it’s disgusting, arrest paedos etc 

Fuccckun 'ell laaa, yous lot should be arrestin' pedos.

I bet the police wish they had a quid for every time a scouser or local scally lad says that over here.

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Because there has to be specificy as to which rules are broken.  Was it a gathering? Do we know what a gathering is? Does a gathering need to have common intent, or organisation?  They are not the same thing. 

Like I say, I am on the fence, but taking a completely pragmatic view, the likely risk was minimal and it does appear draconian. 

The situation was always going to end badly when the police waded in with the first of the four Es yesterday.  If he was sensible, he would have kept away. But he didn't, and to a degree,  in the absence of clarity, perhaps he was perfectly within the law.  Perhaps the police were exceeding their powers, or the powers they were acting under were invalid.

It is all a bit vague, inconsistent and hypocritical.

Sorry Gladys but I think we both and everyone else knows it was a “gathering “ and well know what a gathering is. Semantics.

Yes the likely risk may have been minimal but anyone in a gathering may legitimately claim the same thing. Minimal risks may turn out to be real risks, that’s why we have this legislation. The risks of injuring or killing others or yourself after drinking a few pints and being over the limit are also probably minimal but would you excuse that?

The police clearly did not exceed their powers nor the powers they were acting under invalid.

It is anything but vague, inconsistent or hypocritical. I for one am glad the police are there to enforce the law 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Sorry Gladys but I think we both and everyone else knows it was a “gathering “ and well know what a gathering is. Semantics.

Yes the likely risk may have been minimal but anyone in a gathering may legitimately claim the same thing. Minimal risks may turn out to be real risks, that’s why we have this legislation. The risks of injuring or killing others or yourself after drinking a few pints and being over the limit are also probably minimal but would you excuse that?

The police clearly did not exceed their powers nor the powers they were acting under invalid.

It is anything but vague, inconsistent or hypocritical. I for one am glad the police are there to enforce the law 

OK, define a gathering and not based on the Laxey event.  Define it by not making reference to any other legally defined term, such as assembly or meeting, because if that is what was really intended, then that is the term that should have been used. 

So a gathering must be something different. 

You can use the ordinary definition.

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

OK, define a gathering and not based on the Laxey event.  Define it by not making reference to any other legally defined term, such as assembly or meeting, because if that is what was really intended, then that is the term that should have been used. 

So a gathering must be something different. 

You can use the ordinary definition.

Quick Google and the legal definition is a group of people meeting for a social occasion or event. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Fuccckun 'ell laaa, yous lot should be arrestin' pedos.

I bet the police wish they had a quid for every time a scouser or local scally lad says that over here.

if the guy would have just said to the people that were there the first day quietly 'let's do this tomorrow' but no he had to say 'fuck you' all over facebook 'i'm doing it again and bollox to any rules', he deserves get a kicking for that.

HQ, Ashie and Hetty and senior CS are itching for someone or something to blame for the recent disastrous fuckups and this melt might have given them the ammo, 'The manx public have let us down' will be the tag line when the lockdown is extended for another fortnight.

i'm angry, i've followed every rule/lockdown/restriction because i could see the reasons and the exit, I am getting a pissed off at 'the great manx fuckwits' who can't hold their water for a couple more weeks and are risking that exit.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I don't know  I am on the fence a bit with this, but I would like to know exactly what the offence is. 

I think that will all depend on the type of warning he got yesterday, assuming he was fully warned and told what section it would fall under if he later returned or organised another event, then it feels like some sort of protest at this stage.

I do agree that they should’ve at least let him put some clothes on before placing him in the van, that wouldn’t have been a pleasant journey in the back of a Police van assuming they booked him into Police HQ.

9 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

I do agree that they should’ve at least let him put some clothes on before placing him in the van, that wouldn’t have been a pleasant journey in the back of a Police van assuming they booked him into Police HQ.

He had a big coat on going in to the meat wagon.

10 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

I think that will all depend on the type of warning he got yesterday, assuming he was fully warned and told what section it would fall under if he later returned or organised another event, then it feels like some sort of protest at this stage.

This person on twitter seems to have a grasp of the legalities.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Which is illegal as you said in your post of an hour or so ago!

But was it a social occasion or event?  There is an argument it wasn't, but a coming together of people with a common need for their mental health to participate in an activity in an environment where there were other people who could keep an eye out.  Much like walking along the prom say.

Like I have said, I am on the fence, but it is this kind of stuff which really pisses people off, from both sides.  I get that people are seeing this as a bit of a piss take, when they have stuck to the rules.  But there is another side that says it is pretty risk free and while there is much confusion (I use that term very loosely) in those who make the rules, I can fully understand that argument.

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

But was it a social occasion or event?  There is an argument it wasn't, but a coming together of people with a common need for their mental health to participate in an activity in an environment where there were other people who could keep an eye out.  Much like walking along the prom say.

Like I have said, I am on the fence, but it is this kind of stuff which really pisses people off, from both sides.  I get that people are seeing this as a bit of a piss take, when they have stuck to the rules.  But there is another side that says it is pretty risk free and while there is much confusion (I use that term very loosely) in those who make the rules, I can fully understand that argument.

This is why I'm on the fence on this. But leaning towards he knew what he was doing was wrong and a form of protest. 

If this went unpunished, then what's stop anyone posting on Facebook "I'm off to Xxxx for a walk every day at 9am and I'm going to be doing xxxx to help with mental health", then all their mates turn up?

I'd love to go out and have a walk with my family or friends but I don't because I know I can't right now. Just be patient.

What he claims to be doing to aid mental health is destroying the mental health of those who have been law abiding and staying at home, possibly alone. They just want it over as quickly as possible.

• Like 3