IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

25 minutes ago, Banker said:

Just to back up the fact that there are tourists in France , 100s of thousands 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/inews.co.uk/news/politics/uk-travel-quarantine-rules-france-malta-quarantine-list-surge-covid-19-cases-578118/amp

however cambons mates in Jersey may know different!!

More gutter press. Hundreds of thousands when normally there would be millions at this time of year. 

Jersey bugger all tourists because most of the attractions are shut. You cannot even walk into a pub for a pint of Maryann. 

1 hour ago, Cambon said:

More gutter press. Hundreds of thousands when normally there would be millions at this time of year. 

Jersey bugger all tourists because most of the attractions are shut. You cannot even walk into a pub for a pint of Maryann. 

But you said Very few genuine tourists are travelling thereor France,  which is basically a lie and when shown the facts you call it gutter press, it's also on BBC news but suppose you will say gutter media.

and you can go into Jersey and have a pint of whatever so please stop posting rubbish or post your evidence to support your comments and not some comment like my mates in Jersey said so!!!!

Posted this evening:

Isle of Man Constabulary Media Page

A 64 year old local male appeared at Court yesterday after being arrested for failing to self-isolate in accordance with a direction to do so. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 6 weeks immediate custody. People following the rules is the best defence we have against the Covid virus. Please follow them to keep our Island safe and if you have concerns about anybody not isolating ring 686262.

What can be said?

ETA:

Actually, it is not too bad. He's a pensioner:

From 3fm Pensioner jailed for defying coronavirus rules

Still not named though. I would have thought that in such a matter naming the person was of utmost importance

Edited by gettafa
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Banker said:

But you said Very few genuine tourists are travelling thereor France,  which is basically a lie and when shown the facts you call it gutter press, it's also on BBC news but suppose you will say gutter media.

and you can go into Jersey and have a pint of whatever so please stop posting rubbish or post your evidence to support your comments and not some comment like my mates in Jersey said so!!!!

Why don't you just go there then? Centre of the universe, Jersey. 

ETA the 25 new cases imported since the borders reopened is the equivalent of about 12,500 new cases imported into the uk. They would shut the borders if that happened.

Edited by Cambon

25 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Why don't you just go there then? Centre of the universe, Jersey. 

ETA the 25 new cases imported since the borders reopened is the equivalent of about 12,500 new cases imported into the uk. They would shut the borders if that happened.

More rubbish with no evidence, just admit you’re wrong and posting crap to influence borders staying closed

I’m going to throw the Covid mentalists a bone tonight.

I mean, what is the end game here?

Do we keep perpetuating the belief that the C-19 is going to magically disappear with a series of town, regional or country specific lockdowns?

The current global strategy seems to revolve around a perverted herd immunity tack that could well take years to achieve during which a more severe strain & resilient version of the virus could appear.

3 hours ago, gettafa said:

Posted this evening:

What can be said?

ETA:

Actually, it is not too bad. He's a pensioner:

From 3fm Pensioner jailed for defying coronavirus rules

Still not named though. I would have thought that in such a matter naming the person was of utmost importance

Surely he'd have to be 66 to be a pensioner  ( private pension aside)?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I’m going to throw the Covid mentalists a bone tonight.

You're the eccentric mentalist bonehead. And very much in the minority.

We're kind of doing ok here on the island, so far. No harm in sitting it out for a while. Within 18 months the situation internationally will have vastly improved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, pongo said:

There's no hurry.

Well there is, some of us have elderly relatives who live in the uk and might not see 18 months, it's already been 6 months since my kids last saw their grandparents. Due to the jobs me and the wife work in we arent allowed to leave the island except for guernsey and the parents cant come over here to see us. So yes there is a hurry for some of us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

.....during which a more severe strain & resilient version of the virus could appear.

Already is in Vietnam. And reports of the virus being transmitted from humans back into animals (pigs, in the report I read) in other areas of SE Asia too. Lovely.

On 8/12/2020 at 9:08 PM, thesultanofsheight said:

What a tight cunt you are. I bet you got paid right the way through for not doing too much either. 

Why thank you! What a wonderful compliment! I mean, a tight cunt is one of the most desirable things in the world, which ever sex you are. Such a nice gentleman, aren't you. 

Actually, I have worked all the way through and yes, I have been paid. 

4 hours ago, Banker said:

More rubbish with no evidence, just admit you’re wrong and posting crap to influence borders staying closed

Population of Jersey, circa 100,000. Population of UK, circa 50,000,000

50,000,000 / 100,000 = 500. 500*25=12,500. 

Need more evidence? That figure is actually conservative as population of Jersey is lower and UK higher. 

Again, if 12,500 new cases were imported into the uk in such a short period, they would close the borders. 

7 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Well there is, some of us have elderly relatives who live in the uk and might not see 18 months, it's already been 6 months since my kids last saw their grandparents. 

i bet the kids are happy with that though, i would be.