IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

8 minutes ago, Banker said:

Perhaps that guy who wanted to fund a tracking app should put a team together.

It's easier said than done realistically.

47 minutes ago, Newbie said:

They did say the data would be adjusted, so I guess they will do that at some stage, but if they hadn't mentioned it, someone would have spotted it.

My point was that there was nothing in today's data to notice. According to the numbers, no one recovered and no one died since yesterday's data. 

19 minutes ago, Howard the Duck MBE TBC said:

And if it was would that be an issue?

Have I posted anything abusive or offensive?  Have I singled anyone out for criticism or to mock?

If people don't want other contributions to a discussion forum then surely it isn't much of a discussion forum?

Hypothetically. If you are horatioturd.

1. horatio has been suspended with good reason because of abusive posting.

2. Howard signed up just after horatio was suspended

3. returning with a new name avoids the suspension

4. if identified both horatio and Howard, and any future returns, would be permanently banned.

Of course, if Howard just disappeared, and horatio sat out his suspension, all would be well.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Hypothetically. If you are horatioturd.

1. horatio has been suspended with good reason because of abusive posting.

2. Howard signed up just after horatio was suspended

3. returning with a new name avoids the suspension

4. if identified both horatio and Howard, and any future returns, would be permanently banned.

Of course, if Howard just disappeared, and horatio sat out his suspension, all would be well.

Go on then.

Give an example of any "abusive posting" that can't be matched and bettered by pongo, teapot and others.

I wasn't abusive to anyone.

44 minutes ago, pongo said:

Perhaps that guy who wanted to fund a tracking app should put a team together.

It's easier said than done realistically.

We should have looked for an online system months ago , I assume UK government must have mentioned that we will need a proper digital system for vaccine passports shortly 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zarley said:

Actually, the "recovered" number and "deaths" number are the same as yesterday. The "active" number increased by six, which is the same number as the "new cases" number. 

Maybe they're planning on accounting for the recent death tomorrow after someone has fiddled with the software to provide the new category. Or whatever it is that IT geeks do. 

You've got to remember that the figures release at 4 pm each day are actually the numbers from yesterday (no, I don't know why they can't release them earlier, say at noon, like other countries do).  This leads to ridiculous situations like the number announced as booked for testing 'tomorrow' already having been swabbed by the time the figures come out, while the dashboard shows the actual figure for tomorrow.

So if the person didn't actually die till today then they would be still among the 13 in hospital.  Presumably they released the statement soon after the death because, being the Isle of Man, the news would get around anyway and people would start saying something was being hidden.

But you're right to point to the recovery figures as being strange.  The numbers for the last four days are:

Tues 23: 105

Wed 24: 0

Thur 25: 149

Fri 26: 0

It makes no sense.  I wondered if they had deliberately inflated Thursday's figures so as to have 'good news' for the media shindig, but that doesn't explain today.

I'd initially thought that the way in which the numbers declared recovered (465 I reckon) was massively less than the number that should have done (724) was caused by some administrative mix-up or timing problem.  Even allowing for the possibility of the Kent variant lasting longer, the difference seemed too great.  But I wonder now if the problem lies with the testing and they are picking up tiny traces of non-active viral material.  At least on some days on others loads of people recover.  Could there have been some sort of contamination problem in the lab? 

This really does need explaining, not least to all those made to isolate for another 7 days when they might not need to - but then magically declared Covid-free without testing.  Even if they're not - the New Year's Eve case only developed symptoms after 21 days.

• Thanks 1