IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Here we go...

file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/scan.pdf

Um no. 

What you usually need to do with files that automatically download is to right-click on the button/text that caused it to download and then click on "Copy link address".

Then paste that where you want.

32 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Um no. 

What you usually need to do with files that automatically download is to right-click on the button/text that caused it to download and then click on "Copy link address".

Then paste that where you want.

Yes, tried that and it's too large apparently. I'll keep trying. 

All okay now!

Edited by Max Power
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Newbie said:

Not so, only 10 million doses of AZ vaccine (out of a total of 100million doses) were ordered from India.

The problem for the EU is that there own citizens are getting understandably angry about the slow roll out, and the EU leadership need a way of diverting attention from that, hence they are giving the impression that their failures are somehow down to the UKs actions, without actually coming out and saying that. No doubt they are also worried about the rise in EU scepticism that the vaccine debacle might cause.

The crazy thing about their position is that they are criticising AZ for not exporting any vaccine produced in the UK to EU countries, but they haven't used the stocks of vaccine that AZ has supplied to them, largely because, for whatever reason, many European leaders have systematically set about undermining public confidence in it. That being the case, why would they want more? The answer is they don't, but they want a reason to stop Pfizer fulfilling its contract with the UK so that they can keep more of that for themselves, and the AZ vaccine situation is their excuse

EU stance on OxAZ vacc.  recently seemed  strange - demanding more but denigrating it and reluctant to to use it.

A case of wanting their cake - and  not eat it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hampsterkahn said:

EU stance on OxAZ vacc.  recently seemed  strange - demanding more but denigrating it and reluctant to to use it.

A case of wanting their cake - and  not eat it.

As I understand it Norway, not a member of the EU, raised the issue first.

They had three health workers with blood clots after having the vaccine and one unfortunate died.

However their reasoning seemed to be that they couldn't find an explanation for this therefore it must be the vaccine. Eh?

The trials of AZ in the USA and S America went well but were immediately called into question.

It seems to me that USA Big Pharma isn't about to let a bargain basement vaccine get in the way of the biggest $bonanza they've had in years.

However they are vaccinating about 2.5 million folks every day.

Impressive.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Polly Quirk said:

Well it works for me. Oh dear...a load what a load of tosh. Does she even have to reply to this?

It may be tosh, it may not, but I welcome a questioning.  There has been very little questioning of the scientific justification for the steps taken by IOMG, much less a fully advised process. 

Today, we were told GPs were being inundated with awkward questions about the vaccine, after a week of hearing about joy riding bus passengers putting the drivers at risk and how we really weren't behaving ourselves.  The upshot is "our people" are actually imbeciles. 

Quite frankly, the more scrutiny the better because I suspect the wheels are coming off the bus.

See? And I never mentioned the SP,  Dr Glover, the complete cock up in early March, the appalling public relations and my lovely smile. 

• Like 5

Just now, Gladys said:

Depends on what you need a lawyer for. 

Well, yes, I suppose. If I ever find myself in a position where I need to gain some legitimacy for my obviously retarded beliefs then slipping him a few quid might actually work.

What obvious stupid crackpot bullshit like that does is get in the way of the actual truth.

Idiot Ashford hasn't exactly helped the situation with his 'do your own research' statement. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Well, yes, I suppose. If I ever find myself in a position where I need to gain some legitimacy for my obviously retarded beliefs then slipping him a few quid might actually work.

What obvious stupid crackpot bullshit like that does is get in the way of the actual truth.

Idiot Ashford hasn't exactly helped the situation with his 'do your own research' statement. 

Idiot Ashford hasn't helped anything.  The front line has done the business - delivered vaccine, dealt with emergencies and testing.  All the while gritting their teeth,  I am sure.