IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

With or from Covid?

Underlying health conditions or serious illness?

Vaccinated or not vaccinated?

Ages of the deceased?

Very sad but please, can we have some perspective? I view the pandemic as ‘serious’ but I want to be pragmatic & need information or data to form a reasoned opinion.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Nice to see the figures coming down but deaths showing as 4 on dashboard? Was only 2 yesterday? haven’t seen any news to suggest their has been 2 new deaths?

I've just seen the announcement about the two people who have passed away. So the good news regarding cases is very much tempered by that sad news.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nom de plume said:

With or from Covid?

Ages of the deceased?

Very sad but please, can we have some perspective?

This hiding behind 'Data Protection' for very general information is ridiculous and OTT IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, Albert Tatlock said:

This hiding behind 'Data Protection' for very general information is ridiculous and OTT IMO.

If they tell me (us) a 54 year old vaccinated male who competes in fell runs & has no underlying health conditions has died of Covid, I start to think ... fuck me, this shit is the real deal.

8 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

With or from Covid?

Ages of the deceased?

Very sad but please, can we have some perspective? I view the pandemic as ‘serious’ but I want to be pragmatic & need information or data to form a reasoned opinion.

From Gov Website

Death of two patients from COVID-19 – 28 March 2021

Today

Two patients at Noble’s Hospital have died from COVID-19.

It takes the total number of people who have lost their lives while suffering from the virus on the Island to 29.

Chief Minister, Howard Quayle MHK, said:

“My thoughts – and I am sure those of everyone across our Island – are with the families and loved ones at this most difficult of times.”

“We must do all we can to stamp out this virus.  I would reiterate my plea for everyone to stay at home as much as possible to help save lives.”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Yes ... today & from the 1st death recorded.

Every death (life) is important but this whole thing has been about perspective which the public have never EVER been given.

Your curiosity will quite rightly have to wait. I'm sure most of us have nothing but thoughts for the family and friends of those who have passed.

Edited by madmanxpilot

16 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

With or from Covid?

Ages of the deceased?

Ashie said in PM interview that statistic will be amended to show all deaths as with or from COVID 

15 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

I've just seen the announcement about the two people who have passed away. So the good news regarding cases is very much tempered by that sad news.

At the time you posted and I replied there hadn’t been any official announcement other than the dashboard data being updated at 4pm. I did see another site go into happy clappy mode because of the low case figures particularly focusing on the reduced hospital figure/reduced ICU count. I was hoping it was perhaps an admin error, but seeing the number of deaths jump from 2 to 4 captured my attention more than any of the other figures.

That’s not criticism towards yourself, I think the government should have made the announcement earlier and the dashboard shouldn’t be updated without an official announcement being published first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

If they tell me (us) a 54 year old vaccinated male who competes in fell runs & has no underlying health conditions has died of Covid, I start to think ... fuck me, this shit is the real deal.

Same.

Fairly relaxed about it here and wondering why still the restrictions.

Publish detail like above and I will happily change my view and do everything I can to make others do the same.

Publish it was someone who was 94 and 32 stone and I will maintain my current stance.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1