IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, trmpton said:

Same.

Fairly relaxed about it here and wondering why still the restrictions.

Publish detail like above and I will happily change my view and do everything I can to make others do the same.

Publish it was someone who was 94 and 32 stone and I will maintain my current stance.

It sounds absolutely heartless & callous but this is exactly the first reaction & thoughts many people have (though they’ll deny it to appear so wonderful).

Who was it, how old were they, were they ill already, had they been vaccinated?

It’s what rational humans do - they question things.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

It sounds absolutely heartless & callous but this is exactly the first reaction & thoughts many people have (though they’ll deny it to appear so wonderful).

I dont !! Its enough at this time to know sadly 2 people have died and lots of families are impacted with that news . There is a time and place for a more in depth breakdown if people think its needed . This is a time to stand back and respect families . Nothing we could learn today is affecting our situations over the next few days . Just all do whats asked of us . Simple really but seemingly impossible for many .  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Numbnuts said:

I dont !! Its enough at this time to know sadly 2 people have died and lots of families are impacted with that news . There is a time and place for a more in depth breakdown if people think its needed . This is a time to stand back and respect families . Nothing we could learn today is effecting our situations over the next few days . Just all do whats asked of us . Simple really but seemingly impossible for many .  

We’re all doing what’s asked of us!

The reason why case numbers are dropping ffs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

It’s more about being respectful, we do live on a small island and when it’s a high profile death like a retired Police Officer there is a huge song and dance about it, but when it’s someone relatively unknown they get treated as nothing more than a number, that really annoys me, a life is still a life and should be treated with equal respect.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

It’s more about being respectful, we do live on a small island and when it’s a high profile death like a retired Police Officer there is a huge song and dance about it, but when it’s someone relatively unknown they get treated as nothing more than a number, that really annoys me, a life is still a life and should be treated with equal respect.

Fair enough.

So every fifth death “with” covid publish the average age, average BMI, and if there were any known underlying conditions.

Is there any harm in that?

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

If they tell me (us) a 54 year old vaccinated male who competes in fell runs & has no underlying health conditions has died of Covid, I start to think ... fuck me, this shit is the real deal.

Pray tell us, what would it take for it not to matter to you that a person has died 'with' Covid.

Please provide a spectrum, a chart, a sliding scale or something, where you can show "this shit is the real deal" and "this shit is irrelevant".

I see where you are coming from, but I think after your proclamations you need to give a bit more detail. It would help to make you come over as a less callous twat.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Fair enough.

So every fifth death “with” covid publish the average age, average BMI, and if there were any known underlying conditions.

Is there any harm in that?

Well you could perhaps upload the information once a post mortem is done and the body laid to rest, you’d be talking at least a week, probably more. Would it then not become historic data that serves no current purpose other than to satisfy curiosity? if we’re expecting new cases next week and you want to shock people into behaving then it may be beneficial but otherwise I don’t think it will add anything.

23 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

No they don't. There have been almost 130 million recorded cases of Covid 19 worldwide since the start of the pandemic,  almost 3 million recorded deaths from/with it,  although in both cases the actual figures are probably much higher. 

Huge amounts of statistics about these people,  their demographics,  general health, sex, ethnic background,  occupation,  outcomes,  which strain they suffered with etc. etc. are available from many different trusted sources.

If all you want to do is put our current predicament into perspective you will be spoilt for choice in doing so. Rarely has a subject been so extensively researched and discussed in such a short space of time by so many preeminent experts of various types in their field. Never has it been done in a world where such information is so readily published and made available to all for scrutiny and use. 

Basing any kind of statistical analysis on the personal details of a sample of two people who have died today in Nobles is an absolute nonsense,  if you're looking to them for your perspective then you're an idiot. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

You are wrong. It doesn't sound, it is heartless and callous but don't let that stop you.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

Pray tell us, what would it take for it not to matter to you that a person has died 'with' Covid.

Please provide a spectrum, a chart, a sliding scale or something, where you can show "this shit is the real deal" and "this shit is irrelevant".

I see where you are coming from, but I think after your proclamations you need to give a bit more detail. It would help to make you come over as a less callous twat.

For the record I’m neither callous, nor a twat.

But thanks anyway, another number marked.

• Like 1

To be honest, I don't think we need to know anything more than if the death is from or with Covid.  The gender, age, BMI or other health reasons are irrelevant.  It isn’t callous or nosey, the death has already been announced as being connected to covid,  but a clarification.  Nor can it be an identifier.

That doesn't lessen our condolences (which I send to the relatives and friends of the deceased, of course) but it does help to understand the context. That is something that a lot of us have been asking for months now. 

We are being asked to make tremendous sacrifices and it is not an unreasonable bit of information to expect. 

The other information about age, health, vaccination can form part of a statistical analysis. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

I think it's more that we do live on a small island and that we are more likely to know who it is that we tend to be concerned, and for a variety of reasons. There's nothing heartless or callous about that?