IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Southfork said:

From what I’ve heard the perp is a somewhat “difficult” character and the reasons for not naming will become clear at some stage. 

read the report so what were the reasons for not naming the idiot...

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

Latest guidance from Guernsey on new border policy, UK & Jersey included on countries for 7 day quarantine, where is IOM plan??

https://guernseypress.com/news/2020/08/14/more-details-released-on-phase-5b-lockdown-exit/

A plan ... ?

Here ... ?

Hahahahahahaha ...

2 hours ago, Banker said:

End August to coincide with start of school.

Maybe. I heard it will be a week later due to the number of tourists still with reservations for the festival of motorcycling, bank holiday weekend, etc. So it will be after that threat is gone. Announcement at the end of August.

funny how after your rant yesterday about hundreds of thousands in France how they have put a 14 day isolation restriction on anyone going into the uk from there. The exact reason most people are not travelling abroad. 

Edited by Cambon

23 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Maybe. I heard it will be a week later due to the number of tourists still with reservations for the festival of motorcycling, bank holiday weekend, etc. So it will be after that threat is gone. Announcement at the end of August.

funny how after your rant yesterday about hundreds of thousands in France how they have put a 14 day isolation restriction on anyone going into the uk from there. The exact reason most people are not travelling abroad. 

But you said there was hardly any tourists in France or Jersey so shouldn't be any problem for them getting home!! As usual you posted incorrect information whereas I just stated facts of numbers there.

4 hours ago, Southfork said:

From what I’ve heard the perp is a somewhat “difficult” character and the reasons for not naming will become clear at some stage. 

No, not clear at all. He just reckons the law doesn't apply to him, on this.

2 hours ago, Southfork said:

He’s now been named. Stupid twat actually posted on Facebook that he had broken quarantine rules. Drinks in the Rosy and the Manx Arms. Enough said. Sad piss head. 

He's no more difficult or piss-headed than many 100s of folk on this Island. Make that 1000s.
He has a responsible job and likes a beer.

Ends a Facebook message with the pandemic inspired and now ubiquitous parting phrase "stay safe". An irony if ever there was one.

Anyway, I'm taking his seat in Quids for the next few weeks.

Edited by gettafa
  • Haha 2

Just had a cancellation from Easyjet for 20/09 to gatwick, the lack of any IOM plans means Easyjet are going to utilse fleet for places like Jersey.

whilst loss making Guernsey at least have Aurigny for flights to London etc, whereas IOM will have nothing except Loganair to Liverpool & Manchester with LCY route also going.

6 hours ago, gettafa said:

Apologies if this is the case, but even so, the circumstances etc need to be known

And even though the Isle of Man practices effectively secret/parallel laws and courts (yes John boy, it does) it has to be a rare occurrence to withhold a name.

No it doesn’t. And yes he was named. So much for conspiracy theories.

Named now. Turns out I know him. I would occasionally have a chat in the pub. Not that he has Covid-19 or anything I am sure, but you know, it's nice to know.

(JW) There is most certainly a parallel justice system run on the Island. Usually in the form of the Isle of Man police who can effectively override the rest of the justice system. Happy to explain. Maybe best by PM  (They know where I live..).

Edited by gettafa
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gettafa said:

There is most certainly a parallel justice system run on the Island. Usually in the form of the Isle of Man police who can effectively override the rest of the justice system. Happy to explain. Maybe best by PM  (They know where I live..).

The idiot publicly announced he had broken quarantine on Facebook. What did you or anyone else expect the police to do? The man is clearly a dick who asked to be put in jail. 

• Like 1