IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

16 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Did he not say that this morning before today's unknown case came to light?

If so, I think he will have been talking about what to expect when we move to the transition phase. 

He’s what he said 

We may be able to ease some restrictions very soon. We can’t rule out occasional unknown source cases and we are ready for that. For this reason CoMin has been considering how and when to release restrictions, I will have more to say about this on Thursday but we’re not there yet.

However sadly we had two further deaths in our community, I want to extend my sincere 

I take that as we’re going to ease restrictions even if there’s occasional unknown source cases so unless there’s a lot more I expect him to announce easing Thursday 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Did he not say that this morning before today's unknown case came to light?

They would have known about "today's" case then, nearly all these figures are working a day in arrears.  This would have tested positive on Monday (if not earlier) and contact and tracing made as a priority.  So Quayle would only have not known if someone hadn't told him.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Miztsu said:

Peel prom and beach packed when we went down for a quick local stroll this afternoon, we turned round and headed away, queue outside Davison’s forcing anyone who wanted to distance into road as other side packed with many partially and non masked people enjoying the holidays as though pre - pandemic. This won’t end soon if people allowed to ignore the proven way out which is to stay away from each other for a while.

Good job we don’t have heat they’ve been having in UK then , beaches & parks rammed !!

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Not sure it is really.  She may be involved in a pyramid scheme but she is giving away the product to key workers. 

Exactly. Giving away the product to key workers is an altruistic act. Be interesting to contrast and compare the comments with those in relation to Dr Glovers generous offer.

But of course Dr Glover is not related to a high profile Minister.

Just saying.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sheldon said:

After Vader's opening comment describing her as "the pretty one" I can sense a meltdown, a thread lockdown, and a number of bannings coming on...

image.png.4bffc0acdf0f8a8d1106e5160ba6c1d9.png

To be fair that was the opening gambit of the interview.

14 minutes ago, Apple said:

There is no such thing. 😀

As altruism.

Please explain

Say I give £x a month to help save the snow leopard or some such animal. Or  to help provide clean water for those who don’t have it.

How does that benefit me?

Please don’t say it gives me a warm glow inside or any such nonsense.

I’ve spent money on what I believe to be a good cause when I could have spent it say on a Chinese meal and a nice bottle of wine.

I have done it to help these causes, not to derive any benefit for myself.🦷

That’s altruism

Edited by The Voice of Reason

1 hour ago, Banker said:

He’s what he said 

We may be able to ease some restrictions very soon. We can’t rule out occasional unknown source cases and we are ready for that. For this reason CoMin has been considering how and when to release restrictions, I will have more to say about this on Thursday but we’re not there yet.

However sadly we had two further deaths in our community, I want to extend my sincere 

I take that as we’re going to ease restrictions even if there’s occasional unknown source cases so unless there’s a lot more I expect him to announce easing Thursday 

I think a lot depends on what happens over the next few days, case wise. However, I do think construction, garden centres, etc. Will still be back on Monday. 

27 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Please don’t say it gives me a warm glow inside or any such nonsense.

I have no reason to add to that comment then.