IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

25 minutes ago, Banker said:

https://guernseypress.com/news/2020/08/15/island-ready-to-move-to-slick-new-system/

Guernsey move to slick new system which could lead to reduced isolation from 7 days if it all goes well, IOM continue with blunt system leading to loss of airline routes.

No one ever reads their links do they?  Number 84 of a set.

What is outlined in that piece is exactly what I described in my last comment.  The only improvement is that they might be able to speed up the processing of test on day 7 when they get a new piece of kit in November.

I'm actually beginning to think that this testing on arrival idea is a very bad one.  Not because the basic scientific idea isn't sound, but because there are clearly people around who are unable to read the simplest instructions correctly and think that having a bit of cotton wool shoved up their nose will make them invincible and unable to catch or pass on the virus.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

No one ever reads their links do they?  Number 84 of a set.

What is outlined in that piece is exactly what I described in my last comment.  The only improvement is that they might be able to speed up the processing of test on day 7 when they get a new piece of kit in November.

I'm actually beginning to think that this testing on arrival idea is a very bad one.  Not because the basic scientific idea isn't sound, but because there are clearly people around who are unable to read the simplest instructions correctly and think that having a bit of cotton wool shoved up their nose will make them invincible and unable to catch or pass on the virus.

It’s actually you who can’t read this is what the article says at the end(

She added there was more of a chance for more phases in Phase 5 than there was of going directly into Phase 6.

‘We’ll look at an incremental and proportionate progress forwards,’ she said.

‘So really what we’ll look at is further releasing the self-isolation requirements.

‘It’s unlikely that we’ll have no testing until we have a vaccine available and what we’ll be doing is reducing the time in self-isolation and looking at testing to do that. We could have a 5c.

Guernsey looking at reducing time in self isolation by testing!!

And just for Roger this is from Guernsey states paper on borders etc

phase 5c: Implementation date to be confirmed
Definition: The continued use of Group A, B and C countries with a two-step testing programme for travellers from Group B countries with a further reduction in the period of self-isolation. Travellers from Group A countries are required to self-isolate for 2 weeks with a test on arrival and Group C countries are exempt from testing and self-isolation.
The isolation and testing requirements are as follows:
1. Group A countries:
o TestonDayofarrivalandcompulsory2weekself-isolation;or
o Compulsory 2 week self-isolation for those that refuse, or do not want to be, tested. 2. Group B countries:
o Test on arrival with self-isolation until first test result is known (24 – 48 hours) and then a second test on Day 7 with passive surveillance until Day 14;
Passive surveillance is as for Phase 5b. Version 6: 10th August 2020
Page | 51

3. Group C countries:
 No self-isolation or testing is required as these are countries / jurisdictions who are assessed as being of very low or no risk to the population of the Bailiwick in relation to COVID-19;
 These countries / jurisdictions may form air bridges with the Bailiwick.

so self isolation will reduce to 48 hours in next phase probably November but maybe before 

Edited by Banker

12 hours ago, Banker said:

Jersey already have many times the tourists we & Guernsey have, 7000 last week compared to our & Guernsey c 300 per week!!

7,000? Seriously? So, today, which would have been a prime day for arrivals, there were only 6 commercial arrivals. 4 were jest, 2 were props. That is nowhere near 1000 people, even if all of the planes were full. So, then there is the one boat a day to and from Poole, and the one boat a day to and from St. Mali. Yes, even if half filled, could add 1000 to the total. However, the reality is neither the French nor the English are willing to take the risk, except where family or shopping (in England) is concerned. 

7000 arrivals is not 7000 tourists. Stop fibbing! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cambon said:

7,000? Seriously? So, today, which would have been a prime day for arrivals, there were only 6 commercial arrivals. 4 were jest, 2 were props. That is nowhere near 1000 people, even if all of the planes were full. So, then there is the one boat a day to and from Poole, and the one boat a day to and from St. Mali. Yes, even if half filled, could add 1000 to the total. However, the reality is neither the French nor the English are willing to take the risk, except where family or shopping (in England) is concerned. 

I'm sure there is a chunk there in moving residents, but look at the West Country.. its PACKED. I can believe people are touristing in Jersey.

Sure, some are going to Jersey. West Country is a different story. No potential isolation on returning home. No testing or potential issue on the way in. One of my brothers lives in Cornwall. He is avoiding St. Ives at the moment. Horrendous. No social distancing. They think because they are on holiday that they don't need to bother with any rules. 

1 hour ago, Cambon said:

Cambon you post some shit with no facts other than my brother or my friends said. Here more facts for you Jersey 4500 arrivals in a weekend so 7000 probably a bit low!!

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2020/08/12/covid-testing-stands-up-to-more-arrivals/

we get 300 arrivals a week mostly residents 

1 hour ago, Cambon said:

Spot on, Banker. There is only one group "C" country at the moment I. O. M.! 

Read it properly , under next phase which may be October group B countries which includes UK may go to 24/48 hour isolation with 2 tests!!

Edited by Banker

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Read it properly , under next phase which may be October group B countries which includes UK may go to 24/48 hour isolation with 2 tests!!

Yet I hear murmurs here that we are nowhere near considering anything like this.

the IOM is going to lag behind massively. Howie and his pals need to grow some bollocks and stop convincing us that this bubble we exist in is keeping us and our economy safe.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Howie and his pals need to grow some bollocks and stop convincing us that this bubble we exist in is keeping us and our economy safe.

There is no "our economy". We all have our own circumstances. A lot of people here are in businesses which are booming currently.

14 hours ago, Banker said:

Cambon you post some shit with no facts other than my brother or my friends said. Here more facts for you Jersey 4500 arrivals in a weekend so 7000 probably a bit low!!

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2020/08/12/covid-testing-stands-up-to-more-arrivals/

we get 300 arrivals a week mostly residents 

And jersey's arrivals are mostly residents, like the plane load thay returned from holiday in Majorca. 

28 minutes ago, Banker said:

No facts as usual , absolute rubbish that 4500 arrivals in a weekend are residents 

Thank goodness that we haven't had 4500 arrivals here.

I can see why maybe that would be more of an issue in the Channel Islands where they have a significant tourist industry. But we don't here - other than for the bike races.