IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

32 minutes ago, Zarley said:

The whole way they treated her is despicable.  I hope some of her naysayers are ashamed of themselves.

Those who were behind her treatment should resign and if they don't, they should bloody well be sacked. 

This broadcast was extraordinary, and in parts deeply shocking. The way Dr Glover was taken from hero to zero reminded me of The Sopranos. Any normal person or small business who has dealings with the IOMG, should listen to this testimony and definitely consult their lawyers every step of the way.

The way Dr Glover was treated is scary.  In my opinion, the whole situation necessitates a Royal Commission into the practices of the DHSC.

I agree with you Zarley, the only honourable thing that DA, KM et el can do is to resign with an immediate effect. 

Yuck! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I need to listen to the first part again.

Did she say some samples had been discarded from the first lockdown ?

Then she talked about comparing new and old samples to compare if there were any links to show the variant has just gone underground fro a while before erupting again and how useful that could have been.

Then she talked about being nominated for some sort of island person of interest award which had a glowing reference and then it was taken down from her Twitter account but by Who ?

Lots of nastiness in the air it seems but surprisingly not from her.

Go Glover.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Apple said:

It was full on. She has made it clear and specific to me who and where the faults are. Some people will be looking at the jobs section tomorrow in my view.

Allegations of stealing copyright, people copying codes, abusing copyright which can be evidenced, letters ignored, nasty letters form AGs office, was a member of staff then wasn't, then was again - it is very murky stuff and 3 hours of it. She hardly paused for breath. If it is all true then people changes are desperately needed bacuse someone it appears may need to come clean about the whole situation.

This will cost them (or us) a lot of money. Our handling of Covid response now in tatters.

Mind blowing really and Dr Glover didnt falter or pause. Very very credible and forthright . Impressive and damming in equal parts. Read and cringe if your anything to do with DHSC ,AG 's office or Government .

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Numbnuts said:

Read and cringe if your anything to do with DHSC ,AG 's office or Government .

Spoke very highly of her colleagues /front line staff.

Lies blame at Senior Managers and politicians.

None of them have the expertise to understand their limits of knowledge about genomics and testing.

Willing to help, but mostly taken for a ride and being taken for a fool. But she will stander ground. Go Glover.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Apple said:

Spoke very highly of her colleagues /front line staff.

Lies blame at Senior Managers and politicians.

None of them have the expertise to understand their limits of knowledge about genomics and testing.

Willing to help, but mostly taken for a ride and being taken for a fool. But she will stander ground. Go Glover.

Can you post a link please?

Can any of the knowlegeble peope on here clarify whats actually happening on the 6th ? Might just be me but once again its not clear or comprehensive. I've got the school stuff but what about construction ?? I also understand the up to 10 people allowed to meet outdoors .  

3 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Can any of the knowlegeble peope on here clarify whats actually happening on the 6th ? Might just be me but once again its not clear or comprehensive. I've got the school stuff but what about construction ?? I also understand the up to 10 people allowed to meet outdoors .  

Construction back on 6th mainly outdoor but can have 1 person per room indoors 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Barlow said:

/anorak on

The Facebook viewing figures for today. The numbers did drop off for the media questions, but to retain 3.5k to the end is pretty good going. There will be Manx Radio listeners too of course.

Again, I am just rubbing in the point that the viewing/listening figures do not significantly drop off once the questions start. "100s of people writinging complaining......?" Naaah, doubt it.

The format is fine, Howard. The salient points are made in the first few minutes and the rest is just stuff to have a bevvy to or eat popcorn

The last thing we need  is a new format with James Davis and his highly paid civil servant puppet mate taking over in a show orchestrated by people who actually call themselves spin doctors. Maybe use them another phase.

966187013_20210401chart01.thumb.jpg.40b34e05babb0fafcc4e021c3da80ffb.jpg

You can see when Paul started to ask his questions.

• Haha 1

Re the PAC, It was staggering, concerning and enraging all in one go.  Of course  there is another side to the story, but what was delivered today, the inauguration day of Manx Care, gave little hope for those involved to retrieve the position. 

After that, if anyone believes that IOMG in its entirety has made a good job of the response to Covid rather than being extremely lucky is not living in the real world.

Was the Xmas/NYE outbreak due to the lack of testing?  Were the right people advising on policy and taking the proper scientific advice?  Who did write that letter and why?  How are people in DHSC promoted? 

Is this exactly the kind of bad and corrupt governance that would justify a review by Whitehall, even short term rule until the whole bag of shite is cleared out?

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

For me, the main takeaway from today's briefing was a change in tone regarding a complete cessation of restrictions imposed with this lockdown. HQ has gone from saying the 'circuit break' will end once there have been 21 days without community cases, he is now saying the relaxation will be 'broadened' no earlier than 21 days after the last community case (29th March plus 21 days = 19th April). He even mentioned that social distancing and masks could be a requirement in some circumstances after that time.

Dr E then spent a while explaining how other things that need to be considered before all measures can be lifted.

I'm far from convinced that even if we see no more unlinked cases between now and April 19th, that we'll be back to where we were before this circuit break started.

I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 6

Just now, madmanxpilot said:

For me, the main takeaway from today's briefing was a change in tone regarding a complete cessation of restrictions imposed with this lockdown. HQ has gone from saying the 'circuit break' will end once there have been 21 days without community cases, he is now saying the relaxation will be 'broadened' no earlier than 21 days after the last community case (29th March plus 21 days = 19th April). He even mentioned that social distancing and masks could be a requirement in some circumstances after that time.

Dr E then spent a while explaining how other things that need to be considered before all measures can be lifted.

I'm far from convinced that even if we see no more unlinked cases between now and April 19th, that we'll be back to where we were before this circuit break started.

I hope I'm wrong.

I think you’re right.

• Like 1