IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

23 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

For me, the main takeaway from today's briefing was a change in tone regarding a complete cessation of restrictions imposed with this lockdown. HQ has gone from saying the 'circuit break' will end once there have been 21 days without community cases, he is now saying the relaxation will be 'broadened' no earlier than 21 days after the last community case (29th March plus 21 days = 19th April). He even mentioned that social distancing and masks could be a requirement in some circumstances after that time.

Dr E then spent a while explaining how other things that need to be considered before all measures can be lifted.

I'm far from convinced that even if we see no more unlinked cases between now and April 19th, that we'll be back to where we were before this circuit break started.

I hope I'm wrong.

That’s because Guernsey did it that way and Howie always copies their lead eg testing on arrival , pity he didn’t copy them last time 

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Will they publish a transcript does anyone know? I'd prefer to read it than listen.

They usually do, with all the documentation they have received if not redacted.

• Like 1

HQ - 'We’re on a journey Paul'

I call BINGO - well f..k me, another bloody 'journey'.  Where would the human race be without 'journey?

'journey', the most nauseating, meaningless, new-speak garbage ever from the bullshit-bingo dictionary.  I can think of a few one-way journeys the parish council could take.

Anyway; with 'journey' I call 'house' trumping all others.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

44 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

For me, the main takeaway from today's briefing was a change in tone regarding a complete cessation of restrictions imposed with this lockdown. HQ has gone from saying the 'circuit break' will end once there have been 21 days without community cases, he is now saying the relaxation will be 'broadened' no earlier than 21 days after the last community case (29th March plus 21 days = 19th April). He even mentioned that social distancing and masks could be a requirement in some circumstances after that time.

Dr E then spent a while explaining how other things that need to be considered before all measures can be lifted.

I'm far from convinced that even if we see no more unlinked cases between now and April 19th, that we'll be back to where we were before this circuit break started.

I hope I'm wrong.

Me too.

There's no need for to be taking another 6 weeks to lift all restrictions.   It's just painfully unnecessary. 

• Like 1

If they thought adhering to the rules was poor before then wait to see what happened as more and more confidence and trust in their Covid governance continues to evaporate. 

Hearing what Dr Glover says she has experienced to day has really made me angry and to question where we have been 'on this journey' and why we are where we are. 

Could we have done better if some people had listened  - sounds very much like we could and should have done. Surely we can not have been that arrogant to think that we knew what we were doing and didn't need professional qualified guidance and support.

I'm thinking we might as well not bother with more restrictions  because nobody here knows how to tackle whatever is coming next.

Exit plan ....Hah ! 

• Like 6

where have they been hiding this oh so mystical professor that has been advising Comin for the last twelve months, Sorry have I been sleeping and missed mystic meg of the Comin. What a bunch of shit, Unless old Dave boy took one of them there online courses form the great universal one fits all college. Sorry I'm annoyed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Sorry I'm annoyed.

Join the club.

We have been fed rubbish and taken for fools. With pour own money paying for it.

I am going to stop posting or I will post something I shouldn't.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

where have they been hiding this oh so mystical professor that has been advising Comin for the last twelve months, Sorry have I been sleeping and missed mystic meg of the Comin. What a bunch of shit, Unless old Dave boy took one of them there online courses form the great universal one fits all college. Sorry I'm annoyed.

Who referred to a professor? If it was in the press briefing, I decided PAC would inform me better.